The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planing to replace the yamaha mirrors with RACETECH GP2/F3 (Stem = 125mm (20x105)) Product Detail

It would be the same design and same manufacter like the center mirror. I can imagine that it looks very well, but is it strong as well? Do I need to take apart the side panels to reach the mirror-bolts?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
There are two ways to get to the bolts that hold on the side mirrors:

1) Remove the side panel
or
2) Drill holes in the inner panel large enough to access the bolts.

I haven't tried #2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two ways to get to the bolts that hold on the side mirrors:

1) Remove the side panel
or
2) Drill holes in the inner panel large enough to access the bolts.

I haven't tried #2
Thanks apk919, I checked the mounting again and I now thinking that it should be possible with just taking off a few bolts of the clam and side panels around the mirrors. Than there should be enough space to catch the bolts with a open wrench and a magnet :panic:.

I could imagine, that the vents to the aircooler could work a little better with these mirrors. But this is just a assumption, not knowing if it's even measurable.

I just ordered the mirrors. I can send some pictures if somebody is interested. (only in case I get it mounted quickly and it's looking nice as well :))

·
Registered
433 Posts
Be keen to see a picture when you have them installed .
Where did you purchase them from ? Racetech direct ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be keen to see a picture when you have them installed .
Where did you purchase them from ? Racetech direct ?
The workshop right next to me tries to order it at racetech, but they've nothing heard of them today. Have just to wait a couple days.
I've seen it at demon tweeks, JJC and even at british ebay!

Two little disadvantages it could have: Setting the height (angle) of the mirror is possible with the mounting bolts only (as much as i see). But setting it once it should work. Otherwise apk919's suggestion #2 becomes effective :)! The other thing is, that the yamaha mirror is fixed with two bolts, let on hole visible after installation. Don't know what to do with it?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts