The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car since August, 2008 and love it even more now than on the day I purchased it. It may be yesterday's news back at the Lotus factory but the 2-Eleven is still a very capable track weapon. Mind you, we've made many improvements over my 9 years of ownership.

Thanks go out to: @VSAMotorsports(Allen Strommer), @turbophil (BOE) and @Brent Bauman for making this 2-Eleven very special, at least to me. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks great Jack , what was your time for this track 9 years ago ?
Is that most common track layout you use ? Looks like they have a myriad of track designs.
I have just purchased a Motec V2 MoTeC > V2 Series > Overview
Camera, so will look to post up some videos when I get back to the track ... its winter here at present
I had planned to mount the camera on the front of the roll cage [ I have a full cage ] but I like the position you have used , good to see the driver / wheel etc .
I got my car in 2009 ... and still love it.. They are great fun.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great Jack , what was your time for this track 9 years ago ?
Is that most common track layout you use ? Looks like they have a myriad of track designs.
I have just purchased a Motec V2 MoTeC > V2 Series > Overview
Camera, so will look to post up some videos when I get back to the track ... its winter here at present
I had planned to mount the camera on the front of the roll cage [ I have a full cage ] but I like the position you have used , good to see the driver / wheel etc .
I got my car in 2009 ... and still love it.. They are great fun.
Barry, we didn't have this configuration 9 years ago. A shorter version of this layout (2.2 miles) was the typical "Corvette-school" track at Spring Mountain, now known as the Villeneuve "A". Best Lotus times on that config was in the 1:44s. The Villeneuve "B" adds some additional esses, a bowl and few more corners. ;) I'll post maps for both below.

Motec is the best, congrats on the acquisition. I agree that having the camera position such that you can see steering input can be very helpful. With an open cockpit car, it is possible to use a camera with a wide angle lens which provides an interesting perspective, IMHO. For this video, I'm using a lens with a 120 degree field of vision. Looking forward to seeing some of your videos soon once weather permits.

Villeneuve "A" and "B" track maps.....

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Nicely done Jack.

BTW, I found *two* complete sets of stickers in my house... they're now in the trailer. Hope to get them out to SMMR in the next few weeks...

;)

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Compared to our local track Maps - Mike Pero Motorsport Park
Spring Mountain looks impressive !!
It truly is a track junkies paradise. Currently, we have 6.1 miles of track but more is on the way. Spring Mountain is planning on adding an additional 3.5 to 4 miles of track with the goal of exceeding the Nurburgring to make SM the longest track in the world.

Our current total track layout …...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts