The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

Just retruned from a business trip to Salt Lake City, Utah. As it happens, my hotel was three blocks from Steve Harris Imports, the local Ferrari & Lotus dealer. During a break I walked over and they have two Elises for sale. The first is a Chrome Orange/Black/LSS/Touring/Hardtop/Starshield with 1,000 miles for $52,900. Trade in on a Ferrari, so they claim to be into it for more than MSRP so therefore not selling into the list. The other is a SY/Black/LSS/Hardtop, new, for $49,900.

Both were in beautiful condition.

Interesting to note, the CO was a month or two older than the SY, and there was one small difference. Both had LSS, but the older CO cars wheels had more of a polished sheen to them, and the SY wheels looked more painted silverish. The salesperson claimed Lotus was using different wheels (with a clearcoat) on the later cars to save costs & time. It was a noticeable difference - the earlier cars wheels were much shinier.

Cheers.

Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Chris,
Why didn't you say you were here! We (Lotus Club of Utah i.e. Ryno and I :D ) Went for a long drive on Sunday. We could have at least stopped by and said Hi.
Thanks for the news, I don't call Tim quite so much since mine arrived :p
That CO car was deliverd to a Ferrari owner who jumped the queue and had the first delivery out here. The LSS wheels did change early on for a different coating than the first LSS delivered wheels.
I'm happy to see that the Ferrari guy couldn't live with it. I suppose his posing up town was starting to wane with the on-lookers :rolleyes:
BTW the CO was delivered the first week of September.

It is beginning to look like the market is softer than a lot of people thought.
Sownman, how about yellow Steve?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks, I saw the post. Hardtop and LSS don't interest me. I don't think I'd ever use the hardtop in So Cal. I don't plan on doing much if any track time and don't want the stiffer ride. My weekends are too filled with golf and music to start autox. I asked Yelotus for a PM on details of the one in Virginia, but no response.

Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sownman said:
Thanks, I saw the post. Hardtop and LSS don't interest me. I don't think I'd ever use the hardtop in So Cal. I don't plan on doing much if any track time and don't want the stiffer ride. My weekends are too filled with golf and music to start autox. I asked Yelotus for a PM on details of the one in Virginia, but no response.

Steve
if you buy the orange one i'll buy the hardtop from you.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
CO is still for sale but the yellow one is now Sold. It went to someone down the list of waiters. I really like these guys :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adamant,

Sorry I wasn't able to contact you - I wasn't sure if I would have any time free as I was speaking at a convention and ended up tied up all 2.5 days. The one night I was expecting to be free (and thought about contacting you beforehand), but I ended up getting invited to a Jazz game. They look good this year. We were front row center (right next to Senator Hatch)!

Ended up just squeaking out for a 30 minute walk up to Harris and back. Was so happy to see a CO in the flesh again. For anybody that hasn't seen it in the sunlight - it is spectacular!

Would have loved to get together. You have a beautiful town - the moutains are so stunning in the backdrop. Sadly never got to explore this time, but will certainly contact you next time!

Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well Chris, if you do make it out here again, make sure it is IN driving season, there are some great drives in those mountains :D

Cheers, Adam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts