The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Well, here it goes. Another random post. I warned you. ;)

I share a secret with you. I'm NOT the fastest Lotus driver on the forum.
Actually, I'm one of the slowest. (Did I admit it? Yeah, I admit it.)

I thought it might affect my ego (whatever that's left of my ego):p.

But I have to share my thoughts.

After a year of interacting with other Forum members, both in the canyons and on the track....you are FAST! Your driving skills are very impressive!

So, what do I have left for the Lotus community for slow driver? I LOT!
So, I'm not the king of the hill.
So?
Is this a inferior complex?
Nah.
I know what my Elise can do if I had the skills that you have. I appreciate the handling, performance and style of the best handling sports car on the planet. I still smile everytime I drive it, whether it's on the public street, or on the track.

What impresses even more is the friends I've gained since I've owned my Elise (1.5 years ago). I'm talking about the friends I've met in Southern California while I've actually driving and the friends I've met on LotusTalk (virtual driving). Many have the same thoughts, goals and same wavelength. Thanks for all of you!:D

I'll share my thoughts, advice and support (even it is small). I'll try to organize events and destinations in my area of jurisdiction. Still, driving a Lotus as a group is a total blast!:D

Lotus ownership, Lotus driving, Lotus friends....all are a hightlight of my life!
Thanks for all you.

Now as the wine buzz subsides, I want to mention there are sometimes downers. Sometimes, people have different thoughts than mine (thank goodness!) Their enthusiasm comes from another direction. I don't criticize that, I applaud it. But direct attack to burst the bubble (and you know what I'm talking about) does upset me. Sometimes. But the great friends I've met overpowers the downers.

Clear Lotus roads and clear skies ahead!

--Hal

·
Banned
874 Posts
Now as the wine buzz subsides, I want to mention there are sometimes downers. Sometimes, people have different thoughts than mine (thank goodness!) Their enthusiasm comes from another direction. I don't criticize that, I applaud it. But direct attack to burst the bubble (and you know what I'm talking about) does upset me. Sometimes. But the great friends I've met overpowers the downers.
I feel ya:wave:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...you're an affectionate drunk, aren't you?..

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Try writing on bourbon sometime.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I don't think bourbon or tequila is good to write on. I think you should stick to paper.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 AM: I woke up with a splitting headache. :crazyeyes
Just behing the right eye.
My infamous wine hangover.:huh:

I took 2 Ipobrofen, sat in a chair to wait for the pain subside.

No, I have no idea what I wrote:shrug:

--Hal

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
2 glasses of whine got you buzzed???????:huh:

you dont drink much do you :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
When's the Lotus wine tasting runs Hal? You can bust out the laser pointers too! :panic::nanner:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
2 glasses of wine got you buzzed???????:huh:

you dont drink much do you :D

That MD/2020 will do it every time !

EDIT: Oops.....could've been Boones Farm !!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
What we did to Hal last night !! rotfl

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Hal,
Thank you for setting up and organizing the Star Trip this weekend. I know that took a lot of time, effort, coordination, and thought….you’re a great planner and orchestrator! It’s events like these that are the icing on the cake…
The universe has to equal out somehow. You can’t be the ringleader, the expeditor, the interplanetary expert, and the fastest driver. It wouldn’t be fair to the rest of us.
I like the idea of having a drunken Lotus thread!! Who’s next?

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Hal - I always enjoy your posts and photos.

If you are drinking red wine, try this:

Filter it thru a coffee filter, which will catch the tannins (sediment), the component that most often causes the headaches.

-g

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Rachel and glb for your comments!

Yes it was red wine, Terry and I went to Mimi's Restaurant last night. They always fill in the wine glasses to the top!:p

They placed us in the senior citizen section.:huh:
I tell you, it looked a rest home instead of a restaurant.
I thought it was IHOP (I Hate Old People).rotfl
So I asked for a glass of Geritol on the rocks, but they didn't serve it.
What I got were two full glasses of red wine. Good Cab.:D

--Hal

1 - 20 of 30 Posts