The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Hmmm it didn't......strange........ I had to copy the auction number and paste in ebay to view it. anyway...it'll go for 27,582.37

·
Registered
140 Posts
The last car Fresno Lotus sold (no reserve) on ebay went up more than 3k in the last minute, and i got outbid :( but that was a fully loaded 07' demo model being sold as new (with the full 3yr/36k mile warranty)

They didn't take much care to fill out this particular ad - they have the "Vehicle Title" listed as "Other", but it actually has a clear/clean title.

They also failed to say that it includes another set of wheels and the stock coilovers (stiffer ones are on it now). Though maybe they are not including those items with the auction.

I was very interested in purchasing this car after I lost the other auction. It seems to be a great deal.

Anyways, my guess is that it will go for $28,102

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good guess....

Not my color otherwise I'd be bidding
I don't know if you've seen this color in person. Its not very photogenic IMO, but it's actually quite nice in person.

Especially with some yellow racing stripes.

I haven't read all the details on the ebay post or checked its carfax, but on the surface this looks like an excellent deal.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
So if you buy a car on ebay, and you win, then you see it in person, and its got a hole in it or something, do you have to pay? How can you spend $30,000 without test driving it first.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So if you buy a car on ebay, and you win, then you see it in person, and its got a hole in it or something, do you have to pay? How can you spend $30,000 without test driving it first.
You're supposed to get the car checked out before you bid, but people win and then back out all the time - technically that's not allowed, but it happens anyways.

kestrel74 guessed very close!

+1 congrats to hleerc51 whoever you are, you just scored what looks to be a sweet deal.

larez2

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
not a fan of the color...but it looked like a sweet deal. Congratz to whoever bought it. Hoepfully he'll come on the forums now if hes not already here.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have bought and sold many cars on ebay. I have driven 500 miles to get a car! So far so good. I dont bid unless they have many pics. I call them on the phone and talk to them too. They do NOT get their money until I see the car. I have had someone say oh well by the way, no biggie but the car is missing this blah blah blah. I was like why didnt you state that in the add? Got $1000 off though. The part was less than $100.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
thanks for the welcome. i don't have the car yet. planning on picking it up and drive back to the east coast. it'll be my first cross country trip. can't wait.
just read the thread about what you need to do and look out for (that is if this is your first lotus :shrug: ), If not have fun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought mine on ebay for $28,000 (05 with 9000 miles) flew over to pick it up, drove about 6 hours with the girlfriend. Really had no issues. Called the seller, did the carfax business, picked it up and paid him.

On the other hand, i've heard a story of someone buying a yellow Ferrari 355 on ebay, and when they took it in they found out its original color was red, and that it had been totalled out in europe and put back together and sold here as a "titled" car. there went like $60K lol.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
It's a long way from here, but I wonder if that car wasn't Speedr117's. I know his was that color, had SSRs like that, and that he was selling/had sold it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
good deal... Not Speedr117's. I'll be picking his up on Friday and driving it back to Illinois. :shift:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
thanks for the welcome. i don't have the car yet. planning on picking it up and drive back to the east coast. it'll be my first cross country trip. can't wait.
Fantastic! That will be a great, epic drive for you. Where on the East Coast? And what route will you be taking? If you'll be on I-70 through Colorado, please plan to make an overnight stop here in Denver metro area so we can offer you some LoCo (that's Lotus Colorado) hospitality.

PM coming your way. :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts