The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2007 Elise out today. It was sitting for about 2 weeks. It had a rough start and then once I got going I noticed that the check engine light was on. I bought a scanner, plugged it in and it came back with these 2 codes:
P0172 - System too Rich
P0507 - Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

Only things I have done to the car recently were to install a catch-can (a few months ago) and a new rear diffuser. I don't drive it very often.

Any suggestions? (I'm not very mechanical). All help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
How do I fix code p0172?
How to Fix

Check the PCV hoses and vacuums for damages, replace components if necessary.
Clean the MAF sensor. ...
Check the fuel lines for cracks, pinches or leaks.
Inspect the fuel pressure at the fuel rail.
Inspect the fuel injectors for dirt. ...
Inspect the exhaust leak located before the first O2 sensor.

A quick google shows this
As you recently installed a catch can I would double check those hoses first and make sure the cans are empty of oil
Reset the code and go from there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you plumb your catch can?
I have the radium catch cans and the Dipsticks are bone dry (I've only driven the car a few times since install though). The fuel line is routed underneath the catch can bracket instead of over it which would have required a much bigger adjustment. The MIL light wasn't on prior to today's drive.

Per XM595 - looks like I'll need to check a few things (most of which I don't know how). I'm hoping if I clean the MAF sensor that'll do the trick.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
752 Posts
What I was getting at was that the car is set up to have a certain amount of air flowing through the PCV system in a particular path. Altering that without understanding just what you were doing could result in the codes you're seeing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts