The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my car into lotus since it was still under warrenty. I was having a high idle problem at random times. cleaned TB changed MAF, have no codes so i figured let them deal with it. After all this time and them guessing its my ecu they sent it out to lotus to get checked and reflashed. I used to have koldfire 200 tune, but told them to just flash it back to stock. So as of right now they have been trying different softwear from lotus and as of right now the car will start and stall. They are getting a cam position sensor code. they told me it may not be the cam sensor it can be wireing or still a softwear problem. I dont get why it ran fine before i brought it to them besides the idle issue. Im a bit confused, any ideas guys?

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Omg this is my same issue, 2006. I replaced the cam sensor but still nothing. It did start then stall now degraded to no spark whatsoever.

Gettin my ecu tested too. Plz let me know what they found?!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i have read your thread, i do think i have spark though. They recomended to get a new ecu but they are on back order. Ill keep you posted. Im almost about to take my car back and send the ecu to koldfire to reflash.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: They came to a conclusion that my ecu was bad. A new one is no longer on back order, thank god! so now I'm waiting for the new ecu to get here from England. $830 for it :/

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Mine was the intake cam postion sensor connection was corroded

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: New ECU was installed but they are still having problems. Do you think I should have them send the ecu out to koldfire? Its been 3 months and I want my car back :( If anyone on Long Island wants to lend me there ecu for a day 06' just to swap it and see if that is indeed my problem. Or if anyone has there own softwear I can load onto my ecu id appreciate it.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
I have found that if the crankshaft position sensor and or camshaft position sensor is not clipped in right it will not spark.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
I mean clipped like "snapped in place" Actually mine was just dirty. Besides if hes getting spark it is not the intake came position sensor. If it is just running like poo poo and he's actually getting a code then I would be all over that. If they did replace the cam position sensor and still throws that code ya got 2 things the dealer should do.

1. Clean the camshaft position sensor harness clip with battery terminal cleaner.
"yes" this was my issue but it was the intake cam position sensor and I did not get a code.

2.unhook the ecu, and the crank shaft position sensor and the wire ends, they will have a wire diagram. Test each wire for grounding issue.

If all the wires are ok and the ecu replaced and the crankshaft position sensor, well.

3. pull the timing cover and check timing and the sending sprocket on the crankshaft. Not that I have ever heard of it but maybe just maybe a tooth got bent or chipped, making a bad signal to the sensor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So I picked my baby up today. Shes running great. They ended up getting a black motorsport ecu. It is black and says lotus sport on it. My old ecu was silver. What is the difference between them does it just lower the cam changeover? I noticed my traction control button doesnt work anymore. maybe the wire popped out or does this ecu have it always turned off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts