The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies, I know I've read these answers somewhere, but I'm unable to find them. I think both are OLD threads, back in the EliseTalk days, not sure.

1. Did Lotus allow names to be put on some of the build-plates for the Elise, or am I remembering that wrong? Also, wasn't there a member here that was making them for people, after Lotus stopped doing it?

2. Isn't there a funny quote in the Elise owners manual about the ride harshness, and if you can't handle it to find your nearest Porsche dealer, or did I dream that as well?

Thanks for any info, and I'll leave the light on for ya' :).

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
He made another run of the plaques a couple years ago but doesn't do them anymore. I seem to remember something of a comment like that but can't quite remember exact content and where.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I'm trying to make them engraved on an aluminum plate instead of printed, I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
OK...here is the deal about these plates... I've got 1 of 12 Exige Cup 260 cars built (globally!) for "track use only" and it does not have that plaque...because my car was built on the regular production line. Only if a car was built on the regular production line and then transferred to the Motor Sport side for modifications, then it got this plaque as a reclassification to Motor Sport.

I would like one BTW... :D

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
gosh - yes please!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Give Wayne a break!

Guys, Wayne was offering the plaques he made for free for over 6 years. I have no idea how many he produced, but he put good thoughts and good craftmanship together to crank them out on his leisure time. I still get many compliments for the item which I affixed over 8 years ago to the tub surface on the passenger side.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK...here is the deal about these plates... I've got 1 of 12 Exige Cup 260 cars built (globally!) for "track use only" and it does not have that plaque...because my car was built on the regular production line. Only if a car was built on the regular production line and then transferred to the Motor Sport side for modifications, then it got this plaque as a reclassification to Motor Sport.

I would like one BTW... :D
Thanks for the info!

This plate can't be hard to produce, we just need a good scan or photo-copy of one, I can have my art department make vector art for it in just a few hours. I know I want one that is as 100% authentic as possible, down to the exact font, and colors.

RENDERMAN: I'm not interested in producing them, I was just saying, this is your deal!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Show us your love with more pictures.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
2. Isn't there a funny quote in the Elise owners manual about the ride harshness, and if you can't handle it to find your nearest Porsche dealer, or did I dream that as well?

Thanks for any info, and I'll leave the light on for ya' :).
I recently read something in the manual about some maintenance item. It said failure to follow some exact procedure could be psychologically damaging. I had done that procedure and had ended up using every swear word in my vocabulary. So I know what they were talking about.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts