The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't see it. Just because they both have quad exhaust and vented front fenders doesn't say much. It looks like a G35 coupe more than anything as that is what it was based on.

+

= the R35 pretty much

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The MBZ and GTR don't look anything alike.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I see no resemblance at all

Having driven both, I would take the CLK63 any day, that car was a lot of fun sounds amazing and I loved the way it looks

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I see lines from other cars in just about any car I look at anymore. With all the stuff on the market, I think it's unavoidable, but I do think in some cases it is a clear case of copy cat. That new Kia luxury boat reminds me of a couple of other cars. Another interesting question is what makes the difference between a beautiful car and an ugly car? IMHO, cars that are truly unique and don't remind us of something else we've seen and grown to like often get the ugly stamp from most people.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I see zero resemblance between the two. And to my eyes - the GT-R wheels look almost exactly the same as the wheels on my wife's FX35.

I like the Black series but IMO it is *seriously* overpriced and I have issues with M-B. My '03 E class was the worst POS I have ever owned. :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see nothing.. :shrug:

Maybe you have x-ray eyes???

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the ridge from the tail light to the front wheel arch, the wheel arch itself and the air scoop behind it. The idea of a "wide body" sedan in general is uncommon. Are'nt these the only two? Black diffuser with quad pipes. Look at the rear glass! Wheel overhangs, roofline, sill, and general proportions.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
the ridge from the tail light to the front wheel arch, the wheel arch itself and the air scoop behind it. The idea of a "wide body" sedan in general is uncommon. Are'nt these the only two? Black diffuser with quad pipes. Look at the rear glass! Wheel overhangs, roofline, sill, and general proportions.

Nope, don't see it, but they both do have two doors and 4 wheels ;)

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Still don't see it. And, if you're going to consider the GTR as a widebody sedan, then the new Subaru STI would count too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry don't see it, it's pretty far off in design, yes they both have vents and wide body with quad exhaust and both are silver. I would buy the GTR for the experience of going balls out fast. I would buy the Merc for the feel and sound of the car. But comes down to it, the Merc cost a lot more than the GTR. Please don't bring up how GTR is getting mark up, so does the black series and not every dealerships mark up as much as what people read on the internet. My local Nissan quoted $85K for the GTR so $15K over MSRP.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yeah, the GT-R looks like a lot of different things now that I think about it:crazyeyes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts