The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new-to-me 2005 I just got and am tearing into. It has these 2 mystery buttons on the lower steering column surround. I'm pulling it all apart to install a stereo and found that they have wires that splice into the white plug in the back of the instrument cluster. Any idea why?
As an aside, I had originally assumed they were part of some Bubba-mod, but I just saw a car on ebay with the identical buttons. All my searching finds no information, though.
My original thought was to just remove all this (I have a new lower shroud coming), but if it has a purpose, I should find out what it is before trashing it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
My wife's 05 or any other Lotus I've seen never had that. Possible the shroud is from a newer model. Or somebody added that for some reason. That's some secret squirrel james bond nasa ****!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After chasing some wires, my guess is that it has something to do with the aftermarket shift light somebody added. I'm removing that, so I'm not going to worry about it. For the record, here's the picture off the Elise on eBay with the same buttons. Must just be a coincidence. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Two red rectangular switches, same location, seems too much to be chance

similarities to ebay car?

location not that far.....

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
See if you can message the ebay seller and ask him what those buttons do. Now I'm curious to know as well.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dats, NOS dude...

Reactions: darkSol

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
You could connect them and see what changes or happens.

Or, trace wires to termination.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts