The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is right; I am able to get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of my Evora. Making this car a great weekend getaway, golf destination sports car! This leaves the rear seating area for plenty of room for luggage and stuff. Besides golf clubs in the trunk, I am also able to include 2 sets of golf shoes in there too! So if any of you out there sitting on the fence as to this car being big enough for a weekend vacation golf destination, it will work. You may need to buy smaller golf bags; standard or tournament bags will not fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bravo! Well done. Yet another testament to the brilliance of this car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually, I fit my clubs and bag in the trunk of my Elise this past weekend, and I was super excited, there was still room for my purse, softtop, and a bit of clothing. Woohoo, I do not have to choose between a date and my golf gear!

·
Registered
127 Posts
WOW!!!

I am having to put my clubs in the front passenger seat and my wife has to carry her clubs in her car.

What size, type, model of golf bag do you use? Full set? Clubs stay in the bag? Details please.

If I could fit both sets of clubs in my Evora's trunk then life would be so sweet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, doing the same for a 2 weeks Scotland trip. 2 pencil bags in the trunk, done. Drivers need to go out, irons and woods up to wood 5 stay in. Shoes also fit in. Lovely car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No kidding! I just assumed the trunk would be too small and went straight for the backseat. I guess that's why they have that saying about "assuming"... rotfl

Either way, there is definitely room for two bags and some luggage as well. :nanner2:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny thing about the golf bags fitting in the trunk. This fitting was important enough for me, that I brought my 2 sets of clubs in their pencil bags with me to the dealer when I was thinking of buying the car. I told him if the clubs don't fit, then I am not interested in the car. He said they will not both fit in the trunk, but when we tried it, he was so amazed, that he took a pic to show future customers! When I was looking for a sports car, this was important feature for me. So glad the evora has a big trunk!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!!!

I am having to put my clubs in the front passenger seat and my wife has to carry her clubs in her car.

What size, type, model of golf bag do you use? Full set? Clubs stay in the bag? Details please.

If I could fit both sets of clubs in my Evora's trunk then life would be so sweet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My golf clubs are Adams brand, I am tall so I had them lengthend my wife has women's standard size. I do not take any of the clubs out of the bags to get them in the car, including the driver. My golf game is not that great, so I do not usually carry a full set, missing from my bag is a 3 wood and a 5 iron. These clubs do not help my game yet :) . Golf shoes are placed in a plastic bag so they don't get the trunk dirty, and then I shove the shoes way back into the side end of the trunk. See pics at the beginning of the thread.

Other golfers watch and are amazed when I load or unload the equipment from the trunk. It usually starts a conversation that ends up talking about other features of the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
:evil: :evil: sorry but I can't resist :evil: :evil:

I love the snarky golf reference! :evil:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
given the minimal rear view, doesn't matter if you block with all those clubs anyway

i figure you could put an adhesive hook on that back window and then you could hang your dry cleaning for the way home. Boxster rear trunk was great for that but the 911 doesn't work as well.

Lotus beats 911 in another category:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I decided to try and fit my set of golf clubs, plus my golf push cart, and my golf shoes, and my hat all in the trunk of the Evora. My bag is a pencil style, small bag, and my push cart has wheels that are easily removable with one twist, but it all fit in the trunk! I could have used true back seat for the push cart, but I did not want that dirty thing in the leather lined interior. The golf people at the course were very surprised to see all that stuff come out of that tiny trunk.

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
It's like Houdini in a trunk.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The boot is very versatile. I can put my electric scooter (30kph, 30km, 10kg) in the boot and it takes up less than half the space!

Anything blocky however (e.g. luggage) needs to go on the back seat. But at least there's somewhere to put long things and somewhere to put blocky things. Every time I get tempted by a 12C upgrade I remember how the impracticality makes it an A-A car, rather than the A-B car that the Evora is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts