Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Is the red one yours?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why is the red '99 with 21K miles more expensive than the silver one with 8.5K miles?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
what kills the F355 is the engine out service required for belts every three years. That's why they're cheap. A 360 is a better car as starting with that they put in an access in the passenger compartment so belts could be done in situ.

While I think the Esprits are maybe a little high, the '99 F355 for $50K seems like a steal.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why is the red '99 with 21K miles more expensive than the silver one with 8.5K miles?
The silver one has 85K miles not 8.5K. It does look really nice for all that mileage though! The red one had a black interior which was changed to tan.
David Teitelbaum

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
The black seats in the tan car interior are really jarring. Not to mention hot in the sun. Tan seats, please.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The black seats in the tan car interior are really jarring. Not to mention hot in the sun. Tan seats, please.
I changed the carpet from black to tan. I did some of the leather too but going from a dark (black) to a lighter color is really hard so I gave up on the seats. I did the piping in red to at least brighten it up. Black interior is like a black hole. Soaks up all of the light. It isn't all that hot but the A/C works great so it doesn't matter.
David Teitelbaum

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
I changed the carpet from black to tan. I did some of the leather too but going from a dark (black) to a lighter color is really hard so I gave up on the seats. I did the piping in red to at least brighten it up. Black interior is like a black hole. Soaks up all of the light. It isn't all that hot but the A/C works great so it doesn't matter.
David Teitelbaum
To each his own. I swapped out the black seats and door cards for "biscuit" in my Elise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts