The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Exige 240S and unfortunately can't justify keeping the Elise. It's been a great fun, reliable ride for almost 2 years and 5 thousand miles.
Total mileage is now just over 20,000 [it may go up by a couple of hundred while I remake the driving video, with me not holding the camera and driving....] and it's in very very good condition throughout.
When I purchased it I replaced the steering rack with a 2.5 turn [lock to lock] Titan quick rack, added a leather cover for the center consul [I didn't like the grey plastic], replaced the switch pack because the near-side non-illuminated front dip beam wasn't "just a blow bulb", added double shear rear track control mounts and arms, added V2 negative camber steering control arms [from Shinoo at his great company Inokinetic], removed the camber adjustment shims all round and had it 4 wheel aligned. The only blemishes are a couple of small holes for the front license plate and a few marks on the chin before the sacrificial spoiler was fitted and a few minor stone chips. Most photos below show the car with it's hard-top but the soft-top, supports and bag are also included and are in equally good condition. I'm happy to provide more detailed pictures and information if required. A few short clips of the car in action can be found at

The car currently lives in San Diego and if for sale at offers over $30k

_DSC0417.JPG
_DSC0335.JPG
_DSC0338.JPG
_DSC0298.JPG
_DSC0345.JPG
offers over $30k

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 6TVRs+, it’s a great road, made even better by having a friend with a vinyard at the top. To be honest I was driving the Elise quite slowly but it’s still fun.

Also, I would like to thank the new owner (who collected the car today) for a great selling experience and I hope he has as much fun as I did with the Elise.

The Elise is now sold and the Exige, elan and plus2 will now fit in the garage.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Closing this.

San

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.