The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say that I would never run from the police and I am certianly not an expert on how to evade officers. However, if I were to try to evade officers, I have to say that I would not follow this guy's lead. For those of you not familiar with Pittsburgh, the dude basically drove all around the city including areas that have heavy traffic and into neighborhoods with very narrow, tight roads.

I would think you would want to get out into the open a little then get to some empty back roads? :shrug:

Here's the article...

Police track down robbers in wild chase

And reading that article with all of the police chasing the dude made me think of this...

YouTube - Blues Brother Chase, with some Yakety Sax

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
While looking for the Blues Brothers video, I found this chase... Pretty intense video when the cops T bone him.

YouTube - good police chase
:eek:

The part at about 1:24 is unexpected... the cop says in a calm voice "I wanted to kill him."

I've never seen anything like this! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
That guy could have pulled over politely and then executed that cop without warning. I know it sounds weird, maybe wrong, but that he chose to go down in a battle is more honorable. We are talking about two people that want to kill each other in this situation. Not one interested in 'upholding law', but both bent on mortal combat.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
First off let me say that I would never run from the police and I am certainly not an expert on how to evade officers. However, if I were to try to evade officers, I have to say that I would not follow this guy's lead. F]
I would never run from the police too, but if I were to try to evade officers, at least here in the LA area, I'm going straight to...

Malls with Multi-Level parking structure.
1. Once you in the structure, you lose the helicopters.
2. If you can get close enough to the entrance, you have at least a chance to run into the mall and try to diffuse yourself with the crowd. Maybe go into a store, try on some new clothes, and put on some new gear.

Malls with Movies
1. Maybe you can blend in by rushing into the movies, and sitting down with a group.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i've evaded police on a few occasions, and i strongly urge that noone attempt doing so without knowing exactly what you're doing, including local back routes and cover, jurisdiction and mutual enforcement agreements, and absolute confidence in convincingly plausible deniability...it's all about being slippery, not about using brute force...

...anything but immediate subordination in the face of aggressive law enforcement is playing with fire...

·
Registered
933 Posts
There is two Lotus cars in my town. One is mine and one is my friends... So you will never see me trying to out run the cops.

Plus, all you have to do is go to court... and get off. No one ever goes to court, Sometimes the cops dont even show... then your FREE.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I was pulled over today on the way back from the Sector/Paladin event. I recently lost my rear view mirror (glue gave way) and decided that I like the increased visibility enough to keep it off. However, I didn't see the Highway Patrolman until I went to change lanes, and accelerated doing it.

After he gave me back my license, we chatted, and I asked him how long he had his lights on, explaining the rear view situation. He told me about a quarter mile, but when he saw me accelerate during the lane change he thought to himself, "Oh...it's on!" rotfl I think he was disappointed a bit when I actually pulled over. :D Cool guy, really.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could only imagine the adrenaline that a cop feels when there is a high speed chase. That is one big reason I would never try to evade an officer. The people who try to run are so so stupid to wonder why the cop beats the hell out of them when they are finally caught.

Another reason i would never run is like a previous post here, I have the only black elise that I know of around here- I doubt I'm getting out of that!!!

I was pulled over today on the way back from the Sector/Paladin event. I recently lost my rear view mirror (glue gave way) and decided that I like the increased visibility enough to keep it off. However, I didn't see the Highway Patrolman until I went to change lanes, and accelerated doing it.

After he gave me back my license, we chatted, and I asked him how long he had his lights on, explaining the rear view situation. He told me about a quarter mile, but when he saw me accelerate during the lane change he thought to himself, "Oh...it's on!" rotfl I think he was disappointed a bit when I actually pulled over. :D Cool guy, really.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
^ Lol that's awesome. I take it you didn't get a ticket? :bow:
Actually, I did. :eek: BUT, he did reduce the speed. Traffic school. No prob.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would never run from the police too, but if I were to try to evade officers, at least here in the LA area, I'm going straight to...

Malls with Multi-Level parking structure.
1. Once you in the structure, you lose the helicopters.
2. If you can get close enough to the entrance, you have at least a chance to run into the mall and try to diffuse yourself with the crowd. Maybe go into a store, try on some new clothes, and put on some new gear.

Malls with Movies
1. Maybe you can blend in by rushing into the movies, and sitting down with a group.

There was a motorcycle chase here in L.A. that ended this way. The perp rode into the Glendale Galleria, shed his helmet and leather, and walked into the mall never to be seen again. Even though the entire chase was covered live on TV, the guy got away by getting ahead of the ground units and using the parking garage to hide from the choppers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Flash G your assumption of evading might be okay until the canine unit turns up and then tracks you from your car and decides to munch on you while your eating your popcorn in the cinema. This really is a stupid thread????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts