The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 2000 S1 Elise. It's been in the garage since December when I brought it than me starting it a few times to bring it up to temperature and roll it back and forth a few times but I hadn't driven it until yesterday. I noticed a couple of months ago when starting it that the rev counter didn't work but then after a few mins an a few revs it came back on again. Yesterday when I took it for a drive it didn't work at all and still hasn't started working again. I know it did work and can confirm all the LED's and the speedometer work fine so is it possibly just a case of driving it a bit more to see if it comes on? A bit of damp etc?

·
Administrator
1,527 Posts
First off welcome to LT. Second LT is primarily US based and you might be able to get some direction but Fed cars are the majority. Lastly Do you keep the battery on a tender? I would check your grounds from battery to firewall and for the dash. Check your dash connections. After all that I would drive and see if symptoms don't change within the first hour of driving. Other may be on after a bit with more suggestions. Have you joined SELOC? They are the European Lotus site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your help. Ahhh I didn't realise so yes I will join the European option :) I tend to disconnect the battery when its been left out of use so it doesn't run flat due to the immobiliser etc. I also gave it a full charge so it's full of beans right now. I only drove about 15 miles yesterday so may be worth me taking it on a longer trip to see if the issue rectifies itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts