The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys i'm new on this forum nice to meet u all :) i may buy a 2002 elise basic model for track only very soon but i've heard from my friend said do not taking it to track because rover engine has too much problem after each track day and not very stable? anyone here taking your 2002 elise to track alot ? thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Welcome to LotusTalk! Not too many Rover engined cars on this forum (it was never on sale in the US) but you will find lots of Lotus enthusiasts!

The Rover engined cars are great (I have one as my daily driver and for occasional track days)! They are lighter than the Toyota engined cars and do not have airbags or ABS. The Rover engine is not as robust as the Toyota engine but it is not worthless or unstable! For much info on the Rover engine have a look at SELOC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate, i'll buy from dealer in Australia and currently they replacing the new radiator for that elise + i will get 3 months warranty :clap: i can't wait to get my elise :sheep:

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
thanks mate, i'll buy from dealer in Australia and currently they replacing the new radiator for that elise + i will get 3 months warranty :clap: i can't wait to get my elise :sheep:
I take it you are in Oz - which end of the country? You can find more local owners over at Aussie Elises too!:up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm in sydney :) thanks for the link

could anyone here give me some idea what i can do with the elise? i wanna do some modification on it and it already had sport exhaust unknow brand, what is stage one to do with? thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
i'm in sydney :) thanks for the link

could anyone here give me some idea what i can do with the elise? i wanna do some modification on it and it already had sport exhaust unknow brand, what is stage one to do with? thanks
Mate - you are in Elise central! Sydney is the home of some serious Elise racers!! - see this link for a demo!

What do you want to do? You can get anything from mild to full race work done in Sydney - call (don't email) Lee at Simply Sports Cars and have a browse through Aussie Elises. If you want Dave Mackie can replace your Rover engine with a Honda (NA for 220hp or supercharged for 300hp!).

PS: Did you get one of the ex-mopro cars with full cage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts