The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a 2002 diamond silver MV Agusta F4S with 9,000 miles. I'm selling it for $14,000.

Excellent condition. All service records. New Michelin Pilot sport tires at 7,500 miles. I'm also using a 180 rear instead of the stock 190 for quicker turn in. Also, I changed the drive sprocket to 14T for better low end acceleration. On than that, it's all stock.

If interest, please e-mail [email protected].

Sorry, the blue R1 was sold:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Price droppoed to $12,000

I had a buyer off eBay about two weeks ago. After a week of delay and right before he was schedule to come over to pick up the bike, he canceled and said his wife would not let him get the bike.

I'm about to put it on eBay again and have dropped my price to $12,000.

My Elise should arrive at the dealer in about three to four weeks. If the MV is not sold by then, I'll be just be trading it in. So, if you'd like it at this lower price (motorcycle dealers will try to sell it for $14 to $13.5), please e-mail me at [email protected].

Oh, and please check with your significant other first! :)

PS: The bike has 10,200 miles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Andy,

That's a very sweet looking bike. Like many people, I consider the MV Augusta to be the most beautiful sport bike ever made.

Have you ever taken it (or the R1) to AMP or Firebird?

Bobby

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bobby said:
Hey Andy,

That's a very sweet looking bike. Like many people, I consider the MV Augusta to be the most beautiful sport bike ever made.

Have you ever taken it (or the R1) to AMP or Firebird?

Bobby
I did one track day back in March 2003. However, the beginers group was a bit too reckless for my comfort levels. So, I only did one session and called it quites. I can confidently say that the ambulance had more track time that I did! :(

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
Re: Price droppoed to $12,000

Allan Gibbs said:
I had a buyer off eBay about two weeks ago. After a week of delay and right before we was schedule to come over to pick up the bike, he canceled and said his wife would not let him get the bike.
wow, that sucks. I hope this doesn't happen to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I can confidently say that the ambulance had more track time that I did! :(
:)

I've seen that at times myself. The middle group is a lot safer except there's a big jump from the beginers group. The expert group is definitely the fastest and safest group.

Did you ride with TEAM AZ or AZTrackdays? TEAM AZ is the more professional of the 2 orgs and riding on the track is their main focus.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bobby said:
:)

I've seen that at times myself. The middle group is a lot safer except there's a big jump from the beginers group. The expert group is definitely the fastest and safest group.

Did you ride with TEAM AZ or AZTrackdays? TEAM AZ is the more professional of the 2 orgs and riding on the track is their main focus.
I did it with AZTrackdays. In there defense, they said it was not their usually track day because it was a Ducati and Aprilia demo ride day. Then again, taking a bunch of Joes from the street and putting them on a track without any real instruction was probably asking for trouble. After the first few crashes, the sponsors call all beginner riders for a lecture which started you, "YOU RIDERS ARE COMING INTO TURN ONE WAAAAAAAY TO FAST!!!!! You need to brake before the turn!"

There were so many accidents that day that Ducati pulled out around 2:00 and Aprillia pulled out around 4:00. I didn't even get a chance to demo a 999. I wasn't kidding when I said the ambulance was on the track more than I was.

The MV did really well, but was really freaked me out was people coming up and passing in the corners (even though no passing in corners was allowed). Being a street rider, I'm use to having mirrors and knowing who's behind me and where. Not having mirrors and the group I was with just kind of freaked me out. I kept excepting someone to ram into me. If I had a little more trust in the people I was riding with, I think it would have bother me too much.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I did it with AZTrackdays. In there defense, they said it was not their usually track day because it was a Ducati and Aprilia demo ride day.
AZTrackdays does not focus on the track day event. They always have other events going on and neglect what's happening on the track.

TEAM AZ would never allow that to happen. They are extremely professional and their beginers group are watched very closely by on track instructors and off track observers. They keep a keen eye out at all times and will remove unsafe riders.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ken_vs_ryu said:
alan did you sell the f4? you're a great help to the greenspun forum.
Nope. It's still for sale. Someone is suppose to go their to take a test ride this weekend. If not, I'm hoping that around Christmas (with bonuses and all) someone will be interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts