The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my lotus yesterday it was 92F outside and my low coolant light came on the engine temp was 95C the car never got any hotter.
when I got home I added some coolant it did not take much but the light stayed on :( any Ideas ? thank you all very much Alex Brooks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make sure the coolant level sensor in the header tank is working. This sensor gets stuck at times and will cause the low coolant light to come on.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
The header tank can get all gunked up and the level sender can be stuck. The header tank is supposed to be filled right up to the top, cold. The you fill the overflow bottle behind the right rear wheel up to the cold line. Your next problem is to find the leaks that allowed the coolant to leak out and cause the problem in the first place. Usually you start by filling the system up and pressurizing it with a cooling system pressure tester. Typically it will be a hose connection but it could be a leaky radiator, water pump, bad radiator cap, etc.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do I remove the sensor does it just unscrew ? and pop out? what is the best way to clean it ?

its not leaking anything :coolnana:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
The way I did it, I took the bottle off and used very hot water and a bottle brush. Make sure the hose from the header tank to the overflow tank is not plugged up. You might also want to wash the overflow tank.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I soaked and wash the sensor still nothing, so I order an new from JAE 160ish I think I'm gonna flush the coolant and clean the ever tank tonight or tomorrow

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I soaked and wash the sensor still nothing, so I order an new from JAE 160ish I think I'm gonna flush the coolant and clean the ever tank tonight or tomorrow
Geez...There must be a cross reference for that part that is $5 at Napa...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts