The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got a sneak peek at the new 03 Accords last week (official release is today) it was funny, as they couldn't drive them on the streets until today, so they gave test drives around the dealers parking lot....oh yeah, 5mph in a parking lot, never leaving 1st gear is gonna make me wanna just whip out my check book and start writting zeros....

i was gonna snap a pic but forgot the cam this morning. They're actually pretty nice looking, the front end is similar to the S2000.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We had pics in the Times a few weeks ago, same ones Honda gave to Autoweek.

The Coupe is the best looking Honda in a long time, IMHO. :D

And why the heck would they care if you drove out on the street? The press fleet cars have been around a while and all the mags have pics. Weird. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went to the local Honda dealer yesterday to take a look at it, and somehow ended up doing 90mph down the 101 behind the wheel of an 02' Civic Si. :D

I am not very impressed:(

Sure it has 160hp, but it is slow to wind up. The throtle response at speed is way weak! But then again I might just be spoiled with the 240 (it has much more torque than a normal car)

I would love it as a daily driver, but I don't know if I would ever be satisfied with it on an autox course (just not fast enough)

·
Registered
118 Posts
A very peaky 160Hp. Are the new Civis drive by wire?(electric signal throttle as oppose to a cable?)

That little Suziki Aireo thing claims to have more HP than the civic and other competors. I'm guessing it's got an even worst peaky HP curve.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woodrufj said:
A very peaky 160Hp. Are the new Civis drive by wire?(electric signal throttle as oppose to a cable?)

That little Suziki Aireo thing claims to have more HP than the civic and other competors. I'm guessing it's got an even worst peaky HP curve.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
Yes, the Suzuki claims more power than the Civic...not the Civic Si.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts