The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all, it is finally spring time here is western Maine and I am itching to take the car out for a spin. The dash on my car is black and I don't want to dry it out by leaving it in out in the sun. Can anyone give me a suggestion for a good dash cover to put over the dash when the car is parked? Manufacturers, where to get them and approximate prices would be great!!!

Thanks in advance for the help!!

MMAINE!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why not just use a windshield sunshade? You can buy them at most McParts stores and they have the added benefit of keeping the car cooler. Get the kind that folds up and you can stash it behind the passenger seat when you're not using it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just use a windshield sunshade? You can buy them at most McParts stores and they have the added benefit of keeping the car cooler. Get the kind that folds up and you can stash it behind the passenger seat when you're not using it.
I can certainly use the sunshade and the folding one sounds very convenient, I didn't know if there were specially designed ones for the Esprits and was curious what most owners in the community were using. Thank you for the helpful information, I appreciate it!!!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,863 Posts
I didn't know if there were specially designed ones for the Esprits
There aren't, but you can buy inexpensive ones sized for minivan windshields that can be easily cut-to-fit. The one we have DOES fit in back of the passenger seat, my wife used it when she drove the Esprit to her work.

You can decorate the sun-shade with the Lotus motif of your choice.

TIP: apply some adhesive-backed felt to the bottom edge of the shield, to avoid scuffs to the dash leather. Available from any craft store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts