The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a good chance I will be moving to Texas for a new job, so I wanted to see if anyone is interested in my Elise. If it doesn't sell, then I'll just drive/ship it with me :)

62,400 miles
Factory Supercharge Installed
Clean Title
Brand New Dunlop Direzza ZII
$28,700

Purchased as 3rd owner in July 2013. Arctic Silver with cloth black interior, sport pack, factory supercharger installed. Additional performance upgrades include LETSLA shifter, Titan steering rack, and Sector 111 rear toe link brace. Interior upgrades include Kenwood Heat unit with blue tooth and sirius radio, and K40 laser defense system integrated into the cluster (very cool actually). Oil line recall performed including new oil coolers. The body is a 9.9/10 including zero scraping on the front clam. I immediately installed the SirLotus front under clam protectors to preserve this condition. Installed using 3M adhesive tape which is cleaner than the bonding agent.

The rear clam was backed into by the previous owner's neighbor. According to the PO, the damage was pretty minor, but Symbolic Motors elected to replace with a brand new clam. Fine by me.

The front clam is also 100% perfect because Galpin Motors (The lotus dealer who performed the oil line recall) damaged the front slats of the clam from the inside while working on the car. Mulholland Motorsports did an amazing job repairing it and it has a brand new star shield.

I'm going to take it to A1 in San Gabriel to get an oil change and have Harry look over it. I've only driven it about 100 miles since the last time he had it for an alignment and the new tires.

I have all of the records in an Excel spreadsheet as well as hard copies. All of the records I have including parts instructions and the clean title in its envelope from the DMV pictured below. The vast majority of the records are from the second owner. He purchased it from Lamborghini of Chicago at around 25k miles.

·
Registered
334 Posts
With how popular they are in Texas I would just drive it down, I'm sure you would find a local purchaser here.

GLWS, beautiful car!

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is an engine picture for you. If it is too dark, I can take another.

I'm certainly thinking about taking it with me. I drove it in to work today and it's a great little car.

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it in today to have Harry at A1 do an oil change and look it over.

Everything looks great, and in his opinion I should ask for a higher price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When and where in TX are you moving? I'm in Houston, and if you end up driving it down, I'd be very interested

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When and where in TX are you moving? I'm in Houston, and if you end up driving it down, I'd be very interested
Hey it would be Houston actually. However, I just got a competing job offer in San Diego, and I'm not sure what to choose :confused:

first world problems right?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you want to be able to uncork the power of your Lotus, Texas is better. If you can plug in a scanner once a year, you can pass inspection!
Some people love Houston...
but it does sound like a nice problem to have. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Accepted offer to work in SD! Sorry Houston guys.
Congrats, great choice - San Diego is awesome: great scenery, people, and weather - a lot of cool driving roads...Julian. There's a Lotus group used to do frequent weekend drives. Lived there, visit often, and will retire there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So is the car still for sale?

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes still for sale! We are also selling our house, so I'm not as urgent on selling the lotus. But I'd love for it to go to a forum member.

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've gotten a lot of interest and a few offers, but it's still available. If it is not sold by Feb 11, I will be keeping it as I move to SD.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.