The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 cars I' m hearing a lot of people mentioning ecu dumps, what does this mean , how much is it at a dealership, can I do it at myself or at a local shop. I have under 25000 miles and I think I'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Pulling the data from the ECU re: engine run time/standing starts/highest revs/time at various throttle positions/etc, about 1 hour labor cost, only if you have a Lotus Scantool, only if they have a Lotus Scantool. 36K or 3 yrs.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Again, it costs about 1 hour of Lotus tech labor time. That will probably vary depending on where you take your car. Pulling data in no way benefits your car. If your car is due for a reflash that hasn't been done, getting that done may benefit your car. Think of the ECU dump as reading a bit about how your car has been driven -- that is all.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Basically, the ECU dump is a history of how the engine has been used over its life. Highest rev points, highest speeds, operating times, etc. The reason people talk about it often, is at 1000 miles, you are supposed to get the car serviced at the dealer and they send the ECU dump to Lotus to validate your warranty. Lotus wants to make sure you treat the car properly during the break-in period for the engine.

At this point in your car's life, and ECU dump is pretty pointless.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Had my ECU reflashed by FoD last Friday. Prior to the reflash, they performed an ECU dump. Dump recorded one over-rev (oops on trackday) and four high-rpm standing starts (oops on auto-x). Very informative.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had a dealer tell me they only worried about RPMs above 9500. FWIW.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
what does FWIW mean??

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts