The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to see if I can get this sold before I have to go back to work. Otherwise I will fix it up and sell it later when I have some free time.

Overview:
Yellow
99,300 miles
Salvage history for a crack in the rear clam. There were no clams available at the time of the impact and as such the only option was a total. It now has a clean TX title in hand after the PO got a loan and then had the lein removed, I understand this happens in TX. I have a Carfax and can send pics of the title. The crack is still there and still the size it was at the time. Picture below.

$23,000

The Good:
Touring and sport pack
The paint is excellent for the mileage. The starshield except on the rockers is great.
New MWR engine 2000 miles ago. It was a $6000 racers express engine with upgraded valve springs and oil pump.
Titan quick rack.
Radium overflow tank
Radium quick clam removal kit.
Upgraded oil pan, S111 toe links, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, DBA rotors, GLoc pads.
Ethos 15/16" wheels with R888R
Leather center console.
Good bushings and balljoints, very clean underbody and wheel wells.
I ran 2:40 with it at COTA saturday in the heat.

The Bad:
AC works but is currently turned on and off by connecting two wires in the cockpit. The problem is the wire out of the switch pack to the thermostat area I am 99% sure after a few hours troubleshooting.
Intermittent CEL from the purge valve and decat.
Intermittent Airbag light from the drivers airbag connector, showing the code for high resistance.
Guage cluster is intermittent, it is the top connector with just 3 wires, if you just touch it it works again.
Needs a CDL module, I ordered one, but it came bad too, it's a trivial swap and $100.
Crack in the rear clam from a low speed impact. It has been like this for a while and isn't getting worse and it's not that noticeable.
Rocker starshield is marked up and very cracked. Depending on your future use of the car you will want to remove the starshield. There is a small area under the rocker where the starshield and paint are worn away by tire thrown stones etc.
Missing front grille and FR small wheel liner.

Options available:
Nitron Track shocks +$700
Larani below diffuser muffler + S111 decat +$400

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops I forgot the interior pics!

·
Registered
111 Posts
For the amount of miles it appears to holding quite well. I am surprise that is not sold yet, it is the lowest price anywhere and in decent condition. There are wrecked cars selling for about that. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@arsenal do it!

I wanted to share my experience with the seller, kfennell. I was close to purchasing it today but we couldn't come to an agreement. No one is at fault here. kfennell was actually very easy to work with. The only issue I see here would be the title but that should not be a problem either.

The good
Everything about the GOOD is good. I have probably asked kfennell more than 30 questions regarding the car and he answered promptly and it was accompanied by walkaround video with an explanation. The paint on the car based on the walkaround video is good and kfennell was very upfront with some wear due to rocks etc. I believe the car did spend some time at the track. If you are worried about the damage, think again. Kfennell wouldn't risk driving her daughter (as seen in the picture) and track it with a 2:40 time if it's dangerous.

The bad
Kfennell was actually upfront with everything. I don't see him hiding anything. One thing to note about the car that was not mentioned in the listing was probably about the potential replacement of the rear rotors/ pads. However, kfennell did mention it in the video and it depends either you will want to track the car or not.

Overall, I don't know what the drama with the previous buyer BUT I think for someone who is looking to track the car or wanting to build a car, this is a great candidate. For me, it is just a shame that I couldn't make it work myself because I am not handy and I am being ignorant for wanting a $20k that is perfect.

PS. If anyone wants more detail, please PM directly.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hmm - wonder if MWR will provide a reasonable credit for the engine towards a K swap...if so this is a seriously tempting purchase!
You can have MWR pull the engine and work with you on selling it. That will help offset the cost of the conversion.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hmm - wonder if MWR will provide a reasonable credit for the engine towards a K swap...if so this is a seriously tempting purchase!
While I wouldn't have thought about getting MWR involved -- but had this vehicle been for sale later in the year (just bought a house, can't afford two expensive projects), I would already be driving it back from Texas and would have ordered my kswap parts on the drive home.

You could have a 250WHP NA, kswapped Elise all for $30k -- no more worries about cam-wiping or oiling, no issues with the (albeit minor) complications of boost to get 200whp from the Toyota motor... just 9000rpms of Honda glorious noise with an insanely plentiful aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I don't have a deposit before I wake up tomorrow I am taking the car off the market, fixing it and driving it myself for a while.

Last chance.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know if the title will revert back to salvage one I take over?
I don't expect it to. In talking further with the PO I learned that the title was NEVER salvage. It was an "adminstrative totaling" because there were no clams available. I am no multi state title expert though.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
closed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.