The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - Sport Pack - $34,500

10K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 Lotus Elise
Chrome Orange
34,876 miles
Sport Pack
Full service records from new
Clean Title In Hand
Massachusetts (20 miles west of Boston)
$34,500.00 OBO
Email: henrymfisher at comcast dot net
Cell: nine seven eight six one eight six nine nine six

I bought this car sight unseen on BAT (Bring A Trailer) almost 3 years ago (June 2016) with 19,948 miles. The Lotus is by far the most exhilarating, visceral and sensory awakening car I have ever owned or driven. It’s 100% manual. It literally puts a smile on your face the moment you push the “start” button. I am the fourth owner. The car was purchased new at Star Motor Cars in Houston, TX. The car was optioned from the factory with the lifestyle paint, hardtop, sport pack (Bilstein/Eibach shock/spring), LSS satin finish wheels , manual window cranks and Star Shield paint protective.

Condition:
Excellent, a "weekend driver" in warm months (May through late November) only. Everything works well, AC is cold. This is NOT a concourse/collectible vehicle. It has a few subtle mechanical/interior modifications listed below.

Maintenance:
I have been an OCD car freak for 40 plus years. I have performed almost all of the work on the car myself but had the Lotus dealer in Waltham, MA perform a PPI when I purchased the car. They have also worked on the car for a few small things since. The car will come with a touchup paint, clear coat and a few other misc. parts.

Modifications

Exterior:
Factory Elise “California” model OEM rear spoiler, GRP front splitter and mesh side vents, Nautilus Air horn w/dedicated relay, higher wattage headlight bulbs, De-badged “Lotus” letters on rear, replaced with round Lotus emblem (green & yellow). The car was fully detailed in & out in November.

Interior:
Adjustable clutch peddle stop, reinforced shift tunnel kit, Inokenetic Micro Mirror, Lloyds custom full length mats in black w/orange piping, custom (from England) black leather w/orange piping door panels, center console, shift boot, cup holder and E-brake boot. Original Alpine sound system. The hardtop’s original felt was sagging so it was stripped off and the surface was sprayed in a pebble finish with satin black paint.

Suspension/Brakes/Tires:
The car still retains the factory “Sport Pack” (Bilsteins/Eibach springs, LSS forged wheels in satin black finish), BOE NAS rear mono ball toe link system, new front wheel bearings, all calipers have been rebuild with new inner and outer seals/boots, Inokenetic stainless steel brake lines F & R with added inner front banjo fitting for easy brake bleeding, new Yokohama ADVAN A048 tires (500 miles), fresh DOT 4 synthetic fluid in November 2018.

Engine/Transmission/Clutch/Exhaust:
The engine is basically bone stock. The valve cover was recently removed and cam shafts inspected for lobe wiping, no issues. The motor has Monkey Wrench Racing under pulleys, Moroso aluminum coolant expansion tank, new thermostat, Gates Micro V-AT belt, fresh air cleaner, Castrol Edge 5/40 oil changed in November 2018 (every 3000 miles), Peak Global antifreeze November 2018, Mobil 1 synthetic 75/90 gearbox oil November 2018.

Inclusions:
Two keys, owner’s manual, owner’s maintenance manual, original window sticker, tool kit. The car will come with touchup paint mini bottle, clear coat mini bottle and a few other misc. parts.

Exclusions:
Soft Top (when I bought the car it did not have one).

Disclosure:
This car has participated in a few driver’s education track programs with BMWCCA and PCA. Instructors in car. Maybe 15 events.

Why am I selling the car? I bought an ’07 Exige S.

Note:
I've been an active member of the Porsche Club of America for over 35 years, having owned multiple 911’s that I personally have fully restored. I switched over to Lotus when I bought this car and have been enjoying getting to know the marque, the engineering marvels of the car and the helpful community. I will be able to answer most questions you have about this car, including any quirks or minor imperfections.

Photo Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0s6nd7jbexapd9/AAAOVg6jPKH0HA2nxvYaYnrVa?dl=0

Video Links:
www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=UVhkuJqtbnw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSzQh5F6Ds

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.