The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 Lotus elise. Options include: Starlight Black metallic paint, Touring package (Black leather seats), and star shield. Car has 800 miles and is 100% perfect. NEVER DRIVEN in WEATHER! Car is kept in my climate controlled garage. If any of you guys are interested, I will take $45900. Get this car TODAY with no waiting. I am located in Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401. CALL ME AT 1-870-931-8004. If you need, I can ship the car for 60 cents a mile.
Thanks,
Shelby Smith
ph# 1-870-931-8004

Sorry for posting this again, just wanted to get the price in the heading. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that my price is about the best that I have seen. I looked at ALL the cars on ebay (completed auctions) and the cars that have been for sale on here and I tried to price mine about the cheapest (Think it may be a little TOO CHEAP, but hey, thats what will make it sell) Tell me what you guys think. Also, I can provide pictures at anyones request.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
shelbith said:
Sorry for posting this again, just wanted to get the price in the heading. Thanks
No problem. I'll delete that original one then.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Why are you selling if you don't mind me asking...

Do you not like the car or is it the getting in and out issue???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Why are you selling if you don't mind me asking...

Maverick1 said:
Actually I like the car and getting in and out of it is not to bad for me. I just have TOO many toys and originally was buying this for re-sale, but when I got it, It was an amazing car and I wanted to keep it, but have decided its probably not the best thing for me. So since there are miles on the car, I am selling it at the discounted price....... AND BELIEVE ME, I am not making money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Why are you selling if you don't mind me asking...

Maverick1 said:
Actually I like the car and getting in and out of it is not to bad for me. I just have TOO many toys and originally was buying this for re-sale, but when I got it, It was an amazing car and I wanted to keep it, but have decided its probably not the best thing for me. So since there are miles on the car, I am selling it at the discounted price....... AND BELIEVE ME, I am not making money.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
614 Posts
if i were to buy this car does anyone know how taxing would work? since i am buying it from a private sale do i have to pay NY tax on the car since it is an out of state purchase? and how does NYS know what i paid for the car? couldnt i just say i got the car for $20 and pay tax on $20?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rucnok said:
if i were to buy this car does anyone know how taxing would work? since i am buying it from a private sale do i have to pay NY tax on the car since it is an out of state purchase? and how does NYS know what i paid for the car? couldnt i just say i got the car for $20 and pay tax on $20?

Call me at 1-870-931-8004. I can help you out on your tax questions. Thanks, Shelby

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you know what I mean, but I will make it a little clearer! I have never driven the car in rain or anything other than bright sunny days when the streets were clean! BETTER?????

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
shelbith said:
I think you know what I mean, but I will make it a little clearer! I have never driven the car in rain or anything other than bright sunny days when the streets were clean! BETTER?????
It was a joke ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
rucnok said:
Felony tax evasion.

Last time I registered a private owner car in New York, they wanted a receipt. I doubt they'd accept a $20 receipt as valid for a 2005 automobile.

·
Registered
614 Posts
what if i were to accept this elise as a "gift" from the very nice person wanting to get rid of it. and as a side transaction i decided to give a nice gift of $45K to the person giving me this nice car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rucnok said:
what if i were to accept this elise as a "gift" from the very nice person wanting to get rid of it. and as a side transaction i decided to give a nice gift of $45K to the person giving me this nice car?
There are ways around this sales tax issue. If you are interested in the car, call me and I will go over the sales tax issue with you. Thanks, Shelby

·
Registered
614 Posts
i am at work now but can call when i get home tonight.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Any "gift" over $10k is reported to IRS, as is any deposit at a bank over $10k...when I sold my S2k the buyer paid "cash" as in $100 bills, I made him go to the bank with me and had to fill out some paperwork, I also made sure the bank "confirmed" the money was good. It is also a red flag for a full audit so not sure if I would mess around with this too much. Saying you purchased for 40k vs. $45k though may save you some $$s.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts