The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I’m looking to sell the motor out of my 2005 Elise, it’s been on the shelf for almost 3 years now and I would love the space. I would like to sell the whole things but I am flexible and would be happy to piece things out if needed. The car had 27k miles on it and the forced fed turbo kit was only on there for closer to 15k of that.

Engine $2000 (same price as a MonkeyWrench refurb, but with the upgraded pan and injectors, and all accessories)
-all accessories still attached
-Moroso Oil pan with turbo drain fitting (might go with the turbo kit and I will reduce the price accordingly when that happens)
-I think 440 injectors but they will be sold with the turbo kit
-wiring harness will go with the turbo kit/stand alone ecu

Transmission $1600
-no axles or shift cables
-open diff

Forced Fed 275 Turbo kit $4750
-gt28rs turbo boosted flawlessly
-header and full exhaust system 3” with cat and magnaflow muffler
-rear diffuser cut to fit the bigger pipe and tip
-stock ecu and wiring harness modified for the EFI X1.5 stand alone ecu and the ecu itself, tune on the ecu put down 230whp at 7psi
-all charge piping and intercooler and turbo inlet pipe with all brackets and mounts and ducting plates to force the air from the scoop through the intercooler, and it’s fan

I am asking $8000 for the whole thing and if I can get that I will cover shipping and getting it on a pallet for you.

Pricing has been adjusted closer to current pricing hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys if I am totally out of line on pricing feel free to let me know, Id love to get some space in the shop :)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
As a guideline, stock used transmissions can be had for $500-$800 depending on milage and use. If yours has special gearings and LSD, thats a different price point all together.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, prices have gone down even more since I pulled this motor. Nice that things are cheap if you blow a motor, sad they are cheap for trying to sell stuff :p Ill probably just keep the motor and transmission then and use them for a different project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info I looked it up, his kit didn’t include the oil pan or intercooler fan from what I could see, and with missing pieces you never know what you need or what else might be missing. He also had a worn out turbo on that kit. Considering this kit was $7200 or more from ForcedFed I don’t feel my price is out of line on the turbo kit. If it never sells I’ll build a tube frame for the drivetrain, I just wanted to see if anybody was interested before I went that route :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts