The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm posting up my 2005 Elise. I bought this car in NH in 2017 from a gentleman who was upgrading to a Ferrari. He had it serviced at Concord Motorsport in Chichester NH by one of the guys there who knew Lotus cars. It had ~44k on it when I bought it and has about 48k on it now. It was always garaged until this summer, where it lived off-street under a car cover and was an every nice day sort of DD.

Specs
2005 - throttle cable car!
Sport and Touring packages
Comes with color matched hardtop with storage bag and factory soft top w/ storage bag in excellent condition.

Upgrades
Car is bone stock except for:
Rear lift points from Monkey Wrench Racing
Toyo 888R tires all around with 50% life remaining

Details
Selling because I am looking for an Evora. No accidents, clear paint, well maintained and regularly driven. I wouldn't hesitate to drive her anywhere. The car has about 5 track days on it (drove to and from every time) and is absolutely incredible. The steering, balance, and cornering speed this car carries are absolute thrills. It has been utterly dependable with zero brake fade and the lowest tire wear I've ever experienced of any car on the track. The car does have some rock chips on the lower valance ahead of the rear wheels (shown in photos) which could be wet sanded down and resprayed with proper blend for about $1000. The previous owner had this area touched up as well; it is a susceptible area to chipping, and he only drove the car on the street.

Price is firm at $30,000. If it doesn't sell within 30 days I'll consider lowering the price. Offering it here on the forums before posting on CL locally. Title in hand. Thanks!

EDIT 1: Mileage actually just under 47k. Pictures are yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The black marks are rubber residue from the track. It will come right off with compound or clay bar. Really any proper detail and some elbow grease. These photos show the car washed but not fully detailed. I am a full disclosure seller and have nothing to hide with this car. Ask me any questions. This will make somebody a very happy driver soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
All recalls, especially the oil cooler lines, done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@4380r I just checked the NHTSA recall database and this car's VIN does not pull up for a recall. That's all I can do. I've had zero mechanical issues during my ownership. Toyota reliability :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
On the pictures where you are showing the black tire marks, are the white spots rock chips on the paint or a reflection from the asphalt?

Can you post pictures from a different angle?

Very nice car

GLWS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the pictures where you are showing the black tire marks, are the white spots rock chips on the paint or a reflection from the asphalt?

Can you post pictures from a different angle?

Very nice car

GLWS
Thanks! The white spots are paint chips. I'll try to find some time to clean up the rubber residue this week and post new pics. A reputable body shop in the area quoted $1000 to properly respray those valences with a perfect blend/tint match. It had been done prior to me getting the car as well, unfortunately they are susceptible to chipping there. I would recommend getting that done and then a proper 3M guard on top of that area on both sides.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That sure looks like the Albacore submarine up in Portsmouth. I toured it with my kids a longtime ago.

The rubber marks are a natural hazard of track duty and should easily clean off. Nice looking mostly stock Elise. GLWS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sure looks like the Albacore submarine up in Portsmouth. I toured it with my kids a longtime ago.

The rubber marks are a natural hazard of track duty and should easily clean off. Nice looking mostly stock Elise. GLWS.
Thanks! I thought the Albacore would be a cool color correct backdrop for my glamorous iPhone SE photos.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mike, unfortunately I don't think you can PM at all until you reach 5 posts. I don't have the option to PM you. My phone number is six oh three 4 seven 9 ten thirteen, feel free to call or text whenever convenient. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump - moving the car to Craigslist pretty soon, much to my chagrin. Open to feedback about the vehicle and the listing. Seems like price is fair considering condition and hardtop, no accidents, clean carfax etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price dropped to $29k. I’d like to update with info from dealer as well, I was able to verify the oil cooler line recall was in fact completed under previous ownership. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts