The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Was wanting some help pricing my elise. Its a 2005 lotus elise 42xxx miles. I replaced the rear clam and fixed some rock chips and a crack in the front clam.
Next i took the car completely apart and color changed it to tangelo orange from house of kolor. Every inch was scuffed and preped the right way.
I added a magnaflow stainless muffler and stainless pipe. Its wrapped in black header wrap. Car has a brand new difflow diffuser and hole block off plate. And a sector 111 license plate center mount.
It runs perfect no issues. Has 16/17 team dynamic wheels.
It also has a brand new act clutch in it and a sector111 rtd2brace retail is 699.99 i will probably paint wheels black and put a orange lip on them to match car. Im wanting to get 21500 not sure if i will sell the car or not, i love it but the 2 seat thing is not practical for me daily driving what you guys think
thanks for all your help. Rebuilt title

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
good looking car. you will need some better pics of it. get some interior images, an engine bay image and if you have a friend that has an slr camera and an external flash, get some with that too.

right now the orange looks faded -- like it could use a new paint job. but i think that might just be because of the images.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics

good looking car. you will need some better pics of it. get some interior images, an engine bay image and if you have a friend that has an slr camera and an external flash, get some with that too.

right now the orange looks faded -- like it could use a new paint job. but i think that might just be because of the images.
it is just the pics i just painted the car a month ago. crappy cell phone pics

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
At that price assuming salvage title?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Agreed, if that is not a salvage title it should be worth more even with 42k miles, salvage title maybe a bit less, depends if you find somebody that likes that color as most of us want specific colors when we buy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lotus

Agreed, if that is not a salvage title it should be worth more even with 42k miles, salvage title maybe a bit less, depends if you find somebody that likes that color as most of us want specific colors when we buy.
Sorry guys i forgot some details. Car has rebuilt title and no soft top

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I think your price is on target, provide you are not in a super hurry to sell.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Car has rebuilt title and no soft top
not having a soft top is the least of your worries... the rebuilt title i going to scare a nice amount of potential buyers away...

judging by your user name, did you do the rebuild/salvage work yourself?

do you have detailed pics of the work done (like before/after shots?)

i would say with the miles & title status you probably wont get much more than very low 20's unless you find a desperate Elise buyer

from the outside it looks 'clean' (although very minor, that exhaust needs a nice refab job done to it...ugly welds destroy that naked rear look)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
elise

not having a soft top is the least of your worries... the rebuilt title i going to scare a nice amount of potential buyers away...

judging by your user name, did you do the rebuild/salvage work yourself?

do you have detailed pics of the work done (like before/after shots?)

i would say with the miles & title status you probably wont get much more than very low 20's unless you find a desperate Elise buyer

from the outside it looks 'clean' (although very minor, that exhaust needs a nice refab job done to it...ugly welds destroy that naked rear look)
yes i did all the work, took the time and did it right and have pics of the process. Exhaust is been cleaned up and wrapped.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I dealt with BODYSHOPELISE on the phone when he purchased a diffuser from us. Very nice guy and he asked me important questions that were related to the rebuild.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
elise

I dealt with BODYSHOPELISE on the phone when he purchased a diffuser from us. Very nice guy and he asked me important questions that were related to the rebuild.
thanks! have to say had tons of complements on the diffuser

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've also done business with BODYSHOPELISE and I can say he is a pleasure to work with, and he is very talented in automotive restoration.

GLWS

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Take the car to a nice part of town for the pics. And get some tire shine on those wheels. It makes it look like you care.

1998 Lotus Esprit V8

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well that tell me what i need to know. thanks guys for all your help i will most likely paint the wheels black and put a orange lip on them and clean it all up and get some really nice higher quality pic of the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was wanting some help pricing my elise. Its a 2005 lotus elise 42xxx miles. I replaced the rear clam and fixed some rock chips and a crack in the front clam.
Next i took the car completely apart and color changed it to tangelo orange from house of kolor. Every inch was scuffed and preped the right way.
I added a magnaflow stainless muffler and stainless pipe. Its wrapped in black header wrap. Car has a brand new difflow diffuser and hole block off plate. And a sector 111 license plate center mount.
It runs perfect no issues. Has 16/17 team dynamic wheels.
It also has a brand new act clutch in it and a sector111 rtd2brace retail is 699.99 i will probably paint wheels black and put a orange lip on them to match car. Im wanting to get 21500 not sure if i will sell the car or not, i love it but the 2 seat thing is not practical for me daily driving what you guys think
thanks for all your help. Rebuilt title
A full color change is a huge task, taking every piece which touches paint and all painted pieces off the car, typically costing 5-10k+ at a reputable shop. I personally would be very weary of this, most paint jobs are NOT done correctly. Not sure how others would feel, but since most paint jobs are not done right, they start peeling after a few years...

For me at least, this would lower the value of the car dramatically, plus the title issues. I wouldn't pay that much when I can get the same stock vehicle without any potential problems and a clean title for the same price.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
A full color change is a huge task, taking every piece which touches paint and all painted pieces off the car, typically costing 5-10k+ at a reputable shop. I personally would be very weary of this, most paint jobs are NOT done correctly. Not sure how others would feel, but since most paint jobs are not done right, they start peeling after a few years...

For me at least, this would lower the value of the car dramatically, plus the title issues. I wouldn't pay that much when I can get the same stock vehicle without any potential problems and a clean title for the same price.
No so much in an Elise. There are really only 6 major bits and they all come off the car easily to paint. It is not like a normal unibody car in this way (or any other for that matter :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts