The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and can't find anything describing my problem. Not sure if I'm calling the piece right or not. Here is my problem, the frame rail on the driver side gets really warm. I'm assuming the radiator hoses run along the driver side inside of the frame. I have the touring package, that has the carpet half way up the side. I really don't want to cover the whole frame to the door sill with carpet. I removed the door sill and couldn't find any acces. I looked under the car and I don't think that large plate can be removed. Any sudjestion? We all know the a/c sucks and the last thing I want is hot frame this summer.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
The heat is coming from the coolant and oil cooler lines. You may be better off searching options for improving your a/c. Ergo removing the plates on the front chassis wall will allow more air flow. If your a/c ever freezes over you'll need to move the temp sensor closer to the coil. Adjustments such as these will help. Unfortunately on long drives or tracking the car will result in warm sills. Some people have added insulation to the sills and covered them with interior carpet/fabric.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the car for a year and the a/c hasn't freezed yet. I'm putting insulation under the carpet, but it still leaves the other half exposed. I'll look on opening up what you said in getting more air flow. Above 95 deg outside the a/c just can't keep the car cool inside. Europe doesn't get very hot I guess..

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
TADTS
It's worse if you're at the track where it gets HOTTT, but I just take it as it is and learn to love all the small details, including faults.

My AC blows cold all the time, but it's also a later year car. You might wanna search for the AC improvement thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts