The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about the car...just thought someone might be interested...I'm a confessed Craiglist addict (looking for a Jaguar XKE roadster...can't help myself).

Spelling might indicate something...

2005 Lotus Elice - $21900 (Newark)

2005 Lotus Elise 62k miles one owner clean car fax never tracked. SUPER FAST FUN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please call 302-292-8250 and ask for Dave.

2005 Lotus Elice

Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wexler,
A guy in my club is looking for a 6 cyl XKE 2+2. If you happen to run across one reasonably priced, please PM me and I'll forward it to him. Thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks, Wex. I'll forward him those. He was saying the low 20's is where they tend to sell, not the initial wish prices. He's a pretty good wrench, for a judge, and certainly no stranger to it with a TR4 and a Jag saloon or two now, plus some other odd ball English stuff. He wants the 2+2 because he's a tall guy and said he can get in and out of it easier.

If you find more, let me know and I'll pass those on as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know nothing about the car...just thought someone might be interested...I'm a confessed Craiglist addict (looking for a Jaguar XKE roadster...can't help myself).

Spelling might indicate something...

2005 Lotus Elice - $21900 (Newark)

2005 Lotus Elise 62k miles one owner clean car fax never tracked. SUPER FAST FUN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please call 302-292-8250 and ask for Dave. "

Hello, been hanging here for a while & gathering all the info about these cars before taking the plunge. Thanks to all on this forum for the info.

Checked this Elise out yesterday & found it a bit rough as the pics make it look better than it is in person. Finish has swirls and fine scratches altho I didn't notice any cracks. Fins on the drivers side vent missing. The A/C blew somewhat cool but needs attention - interior shows 62K miles.
I didn't take it out for a spin but startup revealed an exhaust leak & rough idle.

Hope this helps if anyone is interested in this car. Sales guy insisted on nothing less than 21500.

alanp

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thanks AllanP

Well I just wanted to say thanks, I was following this car and it didn't seem to go for enough money on Ebay, the interior looked quite rough on the inside from the blurry photos, I requested more photos from the contact and he didn't respond to my request on that, however he was persistent on saying that it was a clean car and in good mechanical order. Regardless I think I'm going to pass on this one, just too many negatives, and the blurry interior photos show me that whoever had this car really didn't care and punished it! I've had cards with 200k miles with better interiors... Sigh, the hunt for my elise continues!
:x

PS: Good think I didn't fly / drive from Ohio to look at this one!

·
give me my second cam!
449 Posts
It looks like somebody spray painted the interior aluminum parts black.:shrug: Not a good thing in my book unless it was done right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I just wanted to say thanks, I was following this car and it didn't seem to go for enough money on Ebay, the interior looked quite rough on the inside from the blurry photos, I requested more photos from the contact and he didn't respond to my request on that, however he was persistent on saying that it was a clean car and in good mechanical order. Regardless I think I'm going to pass on this one, just too many negatives, and the blurry interior photos show me that whoever had this car really didn't care and punished it! I've had cards with 200k miles with better interiors... Sigh, the hunt for my elise continues!
:x

PS: Good think I didn't fly / drive from Ohio to look at this one!
No problem...glad to help out. I had a check in hand but was not impressed by the sales guy (Porsche dealer) as he lied about the reserve and graced me with his presence as he doesn't usually waste time talking "used cars". Car was a mess.

The search continues

alanp

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...what's that expression? If it's priced too good to be true, it probably is?

Alanp - have a chance to check the chins on the front clam? I wouldn't be surprised if they were trashed as well.

Second Elise I checked out while on the hunt was at a Porsche dealership...everyone at the dealership was taking a turn with her for a weekend from garage guys to sales.

On the exit of the parking lot there was a significant decline - to the point where when I went for the test drive I scraped the hell out of the bottom of the front clam. The sales guy told me not to worry about it, happens all the time.

Car drove fine, but when I got back I got down and looked under - the chins were shaved down so much you could see the white foam inside the clam, the entire bottom of the clam was gone...and I STILL wanted the car at my price...thank goodness they didn't take it!

Buy private party from an actual owner unless you are just looking for something to beat on (if it's cheap)...or pay out the nose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Buy private party from an actual owner unless you are just looking for something to beat on (if it's cheap)...or pay out the nose.[/QUOTE]

I hear you & thanks for the tip. The frustrating part about wanting a car like this is that there just are not many around and even less within driving distance. Been burned a few times on long distance purchases (Alfa with no rust...well, define rust) so I'm leary, even more so, when talking semi exotic.

Had a Porsche that ate my checking account...

alanp

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
AlanP,
Should my Elise ever be put up for sale; I promise my fiberglass has no rust ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ha, didn't know this thread existed!

I actually ended up buying this car. Yeah, the dealer was a lair... I flew from Indiana to Pilly to get it and drove it home.

He said it was all stock... -eek-

On the bright side, it had Sports Pack, Larnini Sports Exhaust, Larini Sport Cat, DC Sport Headers, Audison 6ch Amp, JL 10" sub, Reverie CF Intake, B&M Shifter, ProRad Radiator...

Interior was ****...the previous owner they said didn't like the 'silver' color of the interior, and proceeded to spray paint everything....everything!...without even taping anything off.

It's coming together though! We stripped all the paint off the aluminum interior....took just time and about $40 of paint stripper, got the center console paint matched to the car, and did the 3m carbon fiber wrap on the door sills.

The BOE REV300TVS comes Wednesday, so that's getting put on also.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Congrats :clap:
And good job of turning her back into a beautiful car :up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts