The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
McLotus
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my Rotors and pads (all 4) and I want to see what is generally recommended. I'm not trying to upgrade, just replace.

Your recommendations are appreciated!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I recently got new brake pads and rotors. I got them replaced at the Lotus dealership. Brake pads: Porterfied R4-S and DBA Slotted Rotors. They brake really nice and no problems with them. I only use it for street driven, NO tracking. I am assuming you drive yours on the street? Pads and rotors are aftermarket since it is a lot cheaper and a little bit better than the OEM.

By they way did you search on the LT forums. There are a bunch of threads on this and will answer some of your questions too. Good luck!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rotors: Stock came with the car, drilled s111 disc noir, now slotted DBA4000 and will stick with them for street and track. All are fine for street and HPDE track use, mileage affected by pads and driving style.

Pads: Stock came with the car when I bought it, Hawk HPS, EBC Yellow, Pagid Blue, now Carbotech bobcats. Stock worked well but dusty. HPS didn't have enough bite for me but low dust and no noise. Yellow worked fine but wanted more bite at times, relatively low dust and no noise. Pagid Blues weren't a great fit (size), squealed sometimes then rattled in front, moderate dust, stopped better than HPS or Yellows. Bobcats win for me for street use, no squeals or rattles, low dust, good modulation and stopping power. Love Carbotech XP12 front/XP10 for track use, noisy and eat rotors on street.

Also have steel brake lines and BOE vented front caliper pistons.

·
McLotus
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rotors: Stock came with the car, drilled s111 disc noir, now slotted DBA4000 and will stick with them for street and track. All are fine for street and HPDE track use, mileage affected by pads and driving style.

Pads: Stock came with the car when I bought it, Hawk HPS, EBC Yellow, Pagid Blue, now Carbotech bobcats. Stock worked well but dusty. HPS didn't have enough bite for me but low dust and no noise. Yellow worked fine but wanted more bite at times, relatively low dust and no noise. Pagid Blues weren't a great fit (size), squealed sometimes then rattled in front, moderate dust, stopped better than HPS or Yellows. Bobcats win for me for street use, no squeals or rattles, low dust, good modulation and stopping power. Love Carbotech XP12 front/XP10 for track use, noisy and eat rotors on street.

Also have steel brake lines and BOE vented front caliper pistons.
Excellent! Thank you... I will be getting the brakes this week, the squeaking is driving me crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts