The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my pads/rotors up front. Figured I would go ahead and do the rear pads as well. I strictly want a "stock" type replacement. I'm fine with the way the car performs, but if I can spend the same $$ and get a bit of an improvement I'm good w that as well. I never track the car. What do you recommend for this type of setup? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm going to replace my rotors when they need with the Centric StopTech part number: 128.23000 from Rock Auto.

they go for 56.79 each with 9.465$ per for shipping

stock pads really aren't ideal, most people try to replace them anyway

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
call Lotus brakes. KNS Brakes They have good prices and will make good suggestions for your needs. I went with the DBA 4000 T3 spec rotors and Hawks all for about the same 600. At least try them. Tommy I had Porterfiel R4S's and they are a nice low dusting brake pad but not really recommended for track. I have heard good things about the EBC though. Tommy

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm going to replace my rotors when they need with the Centric StopTech part number: 128.23000 from Rock Auto.

I second this! I also use the stock Centric rotors. They're a great deal for the price and on the Elise will last a really long time.

I use them on track too, and they do just fine on a naturally aspirated car with sticky summer tires. That's a more extreme example since you're 100% street.

I've always used Carbotech 1521 (Bobcats) for the street. Very low dust, they stop well even when cold, and best of all the dust is not overly destructive to paint.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with the following:

Centric Rotors up front ($142.88 for the pair)
EBC Redstuff pads ($105.79 for front $104.72 for rear)
Total $353.39, but I found a coupon online and got it all for $311.29 shipped. I did not get new rotors for the rears, they look fine to me. I got all of this on autopartswarehouse.com. Thanks for the input everyone, I will let you know what I think once I install them.

·
2005 Elise 111R Owner
75 Posts

How did the Centrics work out for you. It's a big jump price wise from Centrics to DBS or EBC. Especially here in NZ.

Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Real sorry i've been off the forum for a while, but centrics work great! at least as good as stock. I noticed no difference on road or track from the stock rotors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts