The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Elise ***$26,000***The time has come to part with our beloved Elise. However, with the addition of children and our taste in "other" sports cars it's the right time. First, it is a rebuilt title and I want full disclosure with a potential buyer. We purchased this from another member here 3 years ago who ran over road debris on the interstate. He managed to put about an 8" gash in the aluminum floor under the drivers feet. The insurance totaled it due to "frame damage" Many would say that it is UN-repairable. However we did repair it. I had a sample of the floor tested by a local metallurgist. Turns out it is 5052. I then used a piece of 6061-t6 and 3M auto body glue to patch it. Also the repair involved a complete clam upgrade to a 2010 including headlights. We have driven this car trouble free for the last 3 years like this and have no doubt that the repair is stronger and more structurally sound then original. Without putting the car on a lift I do not have any close-up pictures of the repair. I can remove the carpet to view the top side, but it looks like the factory floor. If you have any specific questions regarding this just PM me and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Now for the good stuff:

2005 Elise, 55k on the odo.
*Factory hardtop-soft top also included
*Powder coated factory wheels with black caps
*Powder coated fuel door
*Stage 2 exhaust
*Powder coated diffuser
*Powder coated complete set of 2010 wheels w/ flush caps
*Sector 111 Pro-rad
*Blower resistor pack upgrade
*Full RLS oil line upgrade
*BOE toe links (not installed)
*Optima battery
* Front underclam protectors from Sir Lotus

Complete with owners manual and 2 complete keys/fobs. I welcome other members or mechanics to inspect the car. However the dealer is 1 1/2 hr away from me and I have no time to just swing by and drop it off. I will help in anyway I can or help arrange shipping the car. Please contact me with any questions/concerns you have at the following:

call/text 360-704-0640
email: [email protected]
or PM

I am not 100% connected like others seem to be. If I don't answer the phone or return a text/email/PM it doesn't mean I won't and please don't take offense. I have a busy Life with an expecting spouse. (official dis-claimer)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I keep getting request's for more pictures of the floor and the VIN. And it does have the touring package so power windows and "mouse fur" inside the soft top.

VIN# SCCPC11165HL30526

And here are the pics of the floor:

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sale pending. Amazing.......I posted last night at 8pm and at 1am this morning I have a committed buyer. Just curious, what's the fastest time a lotus has sold on this site? Pretty sure 5 hrs would be close to the top of that list!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just use caution if it's a remote buyer with a peculiar writing style and they are wanting to send you more than asking price.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is sold.....And I am aware of 99% of the different ways to scam somebody. (OK, maybe not) It's all good...and the car is going to a fellow Lotus enthusiast on this site. So at least I know it's going to a good home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.