The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member here and have a few comments/questions for the crowd. I recently agreed to purchase a 2005 Elise from the a seller in the Bay Area. He sent me pictures and descriptions and I flew from LA to SF to inspect and, ostensibly, buy the car. When I arrived and saw the condition of the car, I was appalled. Giant gouges in the bodywork in the front and back - not even appearing repairable. I'm not even sure what happened in the front but it looks like the car was lanced or piked multiple times in a medieval skirmish. The interior had been obviously smoked in and appeared to have scratch marks all over the dashboard from a large bewildered dog or some sort of big cat, like a panther. Anyway, I requested that the seller reduce the price by about 10%. He has refused so now I must fly home. I'm angry by the misrepresentation. Should I consider legal action? I was also thinking about camping out in front of the seller's home with a sign (it would say "scammer" or "fraud-doer" or something similar). Recommendations?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your experience. When I bought my Elise 3 yrs ago, I did the exact opposite of you. Flew down to SoCal to see and buy the car. The original owner assured me that he would pay for my flight back if the car was mis-represented in any way. But of course that was agreed upon beforehand. Thankfully in my case the car was perfect and I drove it back up north.

I don't think you have a lot to go off of unless the two of you had some sort of pre-arranged agreement. Keep in mind I'm far from a professional so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt. The only way I look at it is, if you were a bay area native, and drove to the next city over to check the car out. If it wasn't up to snuff for whatever reason would you expect anything from the seller?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,952 Posts
So did the pictures just not show the damage or do you think they were pics of a different car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the owner that this once gentleman turned cantankerous cretin is trying to drag through the mud. You hide behind ambiguity and generalization. People can find the smallest details on the net, yet your claimed years of working as a Daewoo mechanic doesn't exist anywhere on the entire web. You are so afraid and of such small backbone, you have to establish attack accounts to to slam people. I stand up for myself, don't hide behind a false user ID and don't depend on others to come in and support me or fight my fight. You hide your identity because you are a scared little man. The proof is in this thread. You obviously don't know me well and I've more obviously gotten under your skin. Sadly, you are such a little man that you can't even attack me on merit or truth, but need to do so on false claims, speculation, fabrication and best yet, from an anonymous position.

To address your claims, I do not have a dog or a cat or a panther. Seriously? Who owns a panther? I own a Red Panda, Meemeeko, that occasionally has to go with me because no one is home to watch over her. I have physical therapy due to an unfortunate Black Friday incident in 2006 at a local arts and crafts store. Meemeeko is a service panda in that she holds items that I can not carry for long distances. So when I have physically therapy appointments I must bring her however my therapist has since banned her from entering because she ate through a wall out of boredom. So locking Meemeeko in the car is my only option. I made you aware of this and now you're forcing me to publish something that pains me on the internet.

I will no longer willingly sell you the vehicle. It just eventually gets old arguing with someone who you don't know, who's wont tell you who he is and who just expounds crap trying to bring you down.It's like a prank phone call. Did you do that a lot too as a kid? The internet is not my life. My family is my life. Meemeeko is my life.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did the pictures just not show the damage or do you think they were pics of a different car?
I think they were old pictures. Somebody told me that I could pull the exige (?) data from the pictures to determine how old they are. They appear to be the same car because some of the scratch marks (and hair) are admittedly visible in the interior shots. Definitely not to the extent that the car currently has though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, sorry to hear about your experience. When I bought my Elise 3 yrs ago, I did the exact opposite of you. Flew down to SoCal to see and buy the car. The original owner assured me that he would pay for my flight back if the car was mis-represented in any way. But of course that was agreed upon beforehand. Thankfully in my case the car was perfect and I drove it back up north.

I don't think you have a lot to go off of unless the two of you had some sort of pre-arranged agreement. Keep in mind I'm far from a professional so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt. The only way I look at it is, if you were a bay area native, and drove to the next city over to check the car out. If it wasn't up to snuff for whatever reason would you expect anything from the seller?
Agreed. I should have crossed my t's a little better before flying up to see the car. I feel violated. The seller was nice on the phone but now he's acting really strange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone. I am the owner that this once gentleman turned cantankerous cretin is trying to drag through the mud. You hide behind ambiguity and generalization. People can find the smallest details on the net, yet your claimed years of working as a Daewoo mechanic doesn't exist anywhere on the entire web. You are so afraid and of such small backbone, you have to establish attack accounts to to slam people. I stand up for myself, don't hide behind a false user ID and don't depend on others to come in and support me or fight my fight. You hide your identity because you are a scared little man. The proof is in this thread. You obviously don't know me well and I've more obviously gotten under your skin. Sadly, you are such a little man that you can't even attack me on merit or truth, but need to do so on false claims, speculation, fabrication and best yet, from an anonymous position.

To address your claims, I do not have a dog or a cat or a panther. Seriously? Who owns a panther? I own a Red Panda, Meemeeko, that occasionally has to go with me because no one is home to watch over her. I have physical therapy due to an unfortunate Black Friday incident in 2006 at a local arts and crafts store. Meemeeko is a service panda in that she holds items that I can not carry for long distances. So when I have physically therapy appointments I must bring her however my therapist has since banned her from entering because she ate through a wall out of boredom. So locking Meemeeko in the car is my only option. I made you aware of this and now you're forcing me to publish something that pains me on the internet.

I will no longer willingly sell you the vehicle. It just eventually gets old arguing with someone who you don't know, who's wont tell you who he is and who just expounds crap trying to bring you down.It's like a prank phone call. Did you do that a lot too as a kid? The internet is not my life. My family is my life. Meemeeko is my life.

How did you get this link?!! Was it Sharon? I should know better than to let friends broker car deals for me. I am absolutely upset and I would consider standing in front of your apartment with a sign. Because of my asthma, I can't fly home until Friday. You should pay for my hotel. You reep what you so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While I have had some battles with some people on the internet, and I've never, ever done anything to anyone. On the contrary, I've had some psycho internet dork like you posted videos on YouTube attacking my name, called TV stations claiming to be me and given them my name (ask people who have been with me when this happened at the 24 Hours of Daytona), tried to break into my US Cellular account, registered a URL attacking me online, etc. You might even be the one doing this. Considering all the internet harassment laws, both federal and state, that are designed to prosecute people who act like you do, perhaps that's why you hide.

I know and have logged, with the help of CyberPenguin, all the IP addresses, and they do vary. But as you know, being the internet obsessed idiot you are, you are completely track-able by the right people.The type of people who do the above are the psychos.PEOPLE WHO REMAIN ANONYMOUS to attack people. People like you!

Which of the above you are afraid of, I don't know or care. I just know you are a scared little pu$$y who is afraid to use his own name, but loves to search the internet to attack others. You apparently think you're some sort of internet avenger, an internet moral compass. Instead, as your "single detractor" status in this post has shown, you are just a loaner dork, loose with the facts, afraid of me or what attacking me will bring. You are someone with tons of free time and no balls. That's the truth.

Last I checked you were sitting on the bus bench on your cellphone. If you want to come back and figure out a price just let me know. Don't ring the bell since Meemeeko isn't in her crate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

And another thing, you most certainly did NOT tell me that you kept a red panda in the car. Because of my asthma, that would have been a dealbreaker. I can't imagine that the fur and dander from a red panda would ever wash out of the upholstery. How am I supposed to guess that Meemeeko is the name of a wild animal? I presumed you were talking about your girlfriend or a sibling or caretaker or something. MOST CERTAINLY NOT A RED PANDA! I don't even think those are legal to own. I should call the animal protection agency.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I have had some battles with some people on the internet, and I've never, ever done anything to anyone. On the contrary, I've had some psycho internet dork like you posted videos on YouTube attacking my name, called TV stations claiming to be me and given them my name (ask people who have been with me when this happened at the 24 Hours of Daytona), tried to break into my US Cellular account, registered a URL attacking me online, etc. You might even be the one doing this. Considering all the internet harassment laws, both federal and state, that are designed to prosecute people who act like you do, perhaps that's why you hide.

I know and have logged, with the help of CyberPenguin, all the IP addresses, and they do vary. But as you know, being the internet obsessed idiot you are, you are completely track-able by the right people.The type of people who do the above are the psychos.PEOPLE WHO REMAIN ANONYMOUS to attack people. People like you!

Which of the above you are afraid of, I don't know or care. I just know you are a scared little pu$$y who is afraid to use his own name, but loves to search the internet to attack others. You apparently think you're some sort of internet avenger, an internet moral compass. Instead, as your "single detractor" status in this post has shown, you are just a loaner dork, loose with the facts, afraid of me or what attacking me will bring. You are someone with tons of free time and no balls. That's the truth.

Last I checked you were sitting on the bus bench on your cellphone. If you want to come back and figure out a price just let me know. Don't ring the bell since Meemeeko isn't in her crate.
At least be civil, Ronald. Sharon said it was buyer beware but I jumped in headlong. I'm not moving on my offer. You should reconsider. Perhaps we can get creative with the difference (while I won't split it, perhaps I could do some household repairs as I am a skilled carpenter). How about shelves?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member here and have a few comments/questions for the crowd. I recently agreed to purchase a 2005 Elise from the a seller in the Bay Area. He sent me pictures and descriptions and I flew from LA to SF to inspect and, ostensibly, buy the car. When I arrived and saw the condition of the car, I was appalled. Giant gouges in the bodywork in the front and back - not even appearing repairable. I'm not even sure what happened in the front but it looks like the car was lanced or piked multiple times in a medieval skirmish. The interior had been obviously smoked in and appeared to have scratch marks all over the dashboard from a large bewildered dog or some sort of big cat, like a panther. Anyway, I requested that the seller reduce the price by about 10%. He has refused so now I must fly home. I'm angry by the misrepresentation. Should I consider legal action? I was also thinking about camping out in front of the seller's home with a sign (it would say "scammer" or "fraud-doer" or something similar). Recommendations?
:huh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I walked down to the bus bench to see if it was you. While it wasn't you the gentleman said you were over there on Otis headed to the Power Exchange. I went over there and you are no where to be found. Listen, I don't have time for these games and abuse. It's approaching my final offer hour and I'm not interested in shelving units to replace my vehicle for sale.

As for my personality, I can be tough to get along with an be coarse and gruff, and when I am being railroaded by a non-customer, who has an axe to grind and is quoting unknown sources with supposed facts we know are not true, this side of me comes out. I have to live with my own personality and some times it gains me things, sometimes it costs me.

I have to step away for a moment because apparently there's a phone call from the ASPCA asking about an unlicensed pet. If this is you you are going to regret it.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Thread needs Tapir

1 - 20 of 126 Posts