The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I disagree. I think this is a great place for this disagreement. At first I thought the seller's first posting was a joke posting. A red panda. You can't make this stuff up! :popcorn: -poke- I do think the seller should have been more forthcoming. Buyer: just be glad you didn't invest more money in this, or worse buy the car without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I disagree. I think this is a great place for this disagreement. At first I thought the seller's first posting was a joke posting. A red panda. You can't make this stuff up! :popcorn: -poke- I do think the seller should have been more forthcoming. Buyer: just be glad you didn't invest more money in this, or worse buy the car without seeing it in person.
I've decided I don't want the car at any price. Anyone have any suggestions for places to eat in SF? I'm hear until Friday morning so I'll need two dinner places, two lunch places and two breakfast places. TIA!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Low mileage chrome orange in the Castro? If he is sandbagging to sell to someone else, I'm done.
Ye that was the one and I saw the Panda Marks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've decided I don't want the car at any price. Anyone have any suggestions for places to eat in SF? I'm hear until Friday morning so I'll need two dinner places, two lunch places and two breakfast places. TIA!

Burgerking

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No not that car, we met at the airport and the buyers only issue was the pictures he provided were at least a few years old. He did go down in price but there were other issues that have me concerned. He was a nice guy, but funny the front end had curb rash to the extreme, backend had a crack in the clam. Not represented well.
I had to take the train to meet my guy. No rash or cracks but literally multiple 2" punctures front and rear and the interior looks like someone locked a Kodiak Bear in there. I'd give you his contact information but he's in this thread. I'd definitely stay away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you want I can get you in contact with my potential seller, you may like this car and price is aggressive.
While I'm in town with a bank check, I might as well check out another one. I'd appreciate his contact info. stamosfan at G mail dot com.

·
Registered
846 Posts
:popcorn:
This is just too funny!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not to make light of a disability, but does anyone else see humor in driving a Lotus to physical therapy? How about having a panda to carry your stuff? This thread is only going to get better. -eek-

·
Registered
846 Posts
I couldn't get past the Panda, much less the PT, and a black Friday incident?
Most entertaining bit all week...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not to make light of a disability, but does anyone else see humor in driving a Lotus to physical therapy? How about having a panda to carry your stuff? This thread is only going to get better. -eek-
I didn't actually see the red panda but based on the interior of the car, I believe it. Even a rigorous interior detail is still going to leave evidence that a red panda was stored there, IMHO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
While I'm in town with a bank check, I might as well check out another one. I'd appreciate his contact info. stamosfan at G mail dot com.

Sent you pm

·
He's on fire!
3,433 Posts
I'm sorry but rotfl

Where's the popcorn?????

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
that's really appalling to hear.
it shouldn't be like online dating where people post misleading photos, and the seller should be held responsible for disclosing damage, including noticeable blemishes. - especially when advertising to buyers hundreds of miles away.

As a buyer, you're always taking a bit of a risk when agreeing to
buy a car sight-unseen.
Considering the seller was shady enough to lead you on with misleading photos, I doubt it'll be easy getting re-imbursed for your hassle of flying out there.etc.

·
Registered
846 Posts
real or not, this is the funniest s81T I've read all week...

21 - 40 of 126 Posts