The Lotus Cars Community banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member here and have a few comments/questions for the crowd. I recently agreed to purchase a 2005 Elise from the a seller in the Bay Area. He sent me pictures and descriptions and I flew from LA to SF to inspect and, ostensibly, buy the car. When I arrived and saw the condition of the car, I was appalled. Giant gouges in the bodywork in the front and back - not even appearing repairable. I'm not even sure what happened in the front but it looks like the car was lanced or piked multiple times in a medieval skirmish. The interior had been obviously smoked in and appeared to have scratch marks all over the dashboard from a large bewildered dog or some sort of big cat, like a panther. Anyway, I requested that the seller reduce the price by about 10%. He has refused so now I must fly home. I'm angry by the misrepresentation. Should I consider legal action? I was also thinking about camping out in front of the seller's home with a sign (it would say "scammer" or "fraud-doer" or something similar). Recommendations?
Welcome to the Brave New World of the Internet.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Does anyone here remember the most epic of all car forum threads "Integra Girl"? I was there when it happened, it's too bad the thread was deleted. If someone knows of a copy of that thread please point me to it. I still have some of the GIFs saved on my PC.
I'd never heard of it but thanks to Google it only took me about 15 seconds to find it. Search is your friend...

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member here and have a few comments/questions for the crowd. I recently agreed to purchase a 2005 Elise from the a seller in the Bay Area. He sent me pictures and descriptions and I flew from LA to SF to inspect and, ostensibly, buy the car. When I arrived and saw the condition of the car, I was appalled. Giant gouges in the bodywork in the front and back - not even appearing repairable. I'm not even sure what happened in the front but it looks like the car was lanced or piked multiple times in a medieval skirmish. The interior had been obviously smoked in and appeared to have scratch marks all over the dashboard from a large bewildered dog or some sort of big cat, like a panther. Anyway, I requested that the seller reduce the price by about 10%. He has refused so now I must fly home. I'm angry by the misrepresentation. Should I consider legal action? I was also thinking about camping out in front of the seller's home with a sign (it would say "scammer" or "fraud-doer" or something similar). Recommendations?

Next time find a local member on here willing to check the car for you that way you don't have the unnecessary expense (even with a nominal fee) as for the seller, don't waist your time and money, just report it to EBay so they can flag him...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Did the prankster ever make him self known and take credit for this fantastic thread?

I really appreciate the quality details that went into its construction, like the username Stamosfan.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts