The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: I do not own this vehicle nor am I affiliated with it or the dealer in any way. I just happened to test drive it this past Saturday & thought I'd post it up for anyone looking for a low mileage Elise & add my own impressions since I've obviously seen it in person. This a very clean Elise that runs well & had no noticeable dings or scratches, even on the lower chin. I believe it is Storm Titanium, based off of a Final Edition Exige S260 (#2, actually) that I've sat in at my local Lotus dealer, but am not 100% certain of the color.

The only negatives I can report is that the steering wheel airbag cover has some scratches that can't be buffed out, & the tires aren't original & are within ~2k miles of the wear indicators . Not having the OEM tires with only 9k miles on the car concerned me a little, but they may have been replaced due to age. Can't speak for why the current tires have low tread depth unless it was just used as a joy ride.

Other than that, it is pretty much a new car. The people at the dealer weren't 100% sure that it came with the hard top, so I'd assume it doesn't. Carfax on their site is clean & reports 3 owners. I've never owned a Lotus, but have driven an '05 Elise that one of my friends (SAFE4NOW) had. His was noticeably faster & the steering was stiffer than this one listed, but he likely may have had his tuned. Also, I drove his during summer here in TX, but drove the one listed here during 38*F weather, for what it's worth. Overall, this one is definitely worth buying. Other than it not being my prefered color of Ardent Red or Saffron Yellow & waiting on a financial deal to come through, the keys would be in my pocket right now & this post wouldn't exist...contingent on the negotiated price of course. :)

Dallas TX USED 2005 LOTUS ELISE 2dr Convertible GRAY 5HL34245

PS. Is the airbag cover replaceable on its own, or does the entire airbag have to be replaced???

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats graphite grey not Storm Ti
Ok, thanks for the clarification! It's a nice color! I need something bright so other drivers can see me easier. I already drive a BMW, Porsche, & Audi which are all 3 bright shades of red & still have a hard time being seen by others. I suppose no color can pull peoples' attention out of oblivion though. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts