The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If CarFax is your end all and be all source for buying a car, quit reading now.

I have an Argent Red with tan interior Sport package Elise for sale with a somewhat checkered distant past.

It is a Florida Dealer Buy Back car in 2005.
It was stolen for a day and hit a tree requiring a front clam repair
It was hit from behind and pushed into a car in front requiring new front and rear clams. The previous owner sent me pictures of the damage before the repairs and it was clam damage only and a VERY low speed impact. No Chassis damage at all and was checked by a Lotus dealer when I bought it. It NEVER sustained frame damage and was NEVER a salvage title vehicle, It has a NORMAL Missouri title. The buy back information was entered by the Florida AG office AFTER i bought the car. I would have talked the seller down in process of buying it had I known.

Whatever prompted the dealer buy back has NEVER been an issue for me.

Some information is suspect as CarFax shows a wheel alignment in Florida on a date it was sitting in my garage in Missouri.

I bought it in 2007 and have driven it , trouble free, since then.
It has 34700 miles and had 17000 when I bought it. The oil cooler recall and ECU update have been done. The dreaded fan blower resistor pack has been done. It has Sector 111 Brake Noir rotors, pads and SS lines installed with Motul fluid.

It has not been garage candy and treated to 16 coats of hand rubbed Zaino every weekend and stored under a car cover made from the shaved pelts of Russian baby minks. I drive it when there is not snow on the ground. It is driven in the rain. It has rocks chips all around the side intakes and the underside of the nose it pretty chewed up from rubbing parking lot entrances. Easily covered by any number of front splitters on the market and I made even do so before I sell it.

Seats are not torn by have some wear as expected on an almost 10 year old car.

Tires are Goodyear F1 GS-D3s with probably another year left on then. Wheels are painted black. It is a sport package car.

It has Lotus driving lights installed and I have the original grill and switch plate.

It needs the Sector 11 repair kit for the under tray bolts that have broken off. I will be ordering and installing this IF i get time. Otherwise I will include the kit with the car.

I have the rear grill i took off to install a grill eliminator. The reason I did this escapes me at the moment. I cannot recall the brand of sport exhaust on it but it is labeled " For Off Road Use Only' It is either pretty loud or I am pretty old.

Vin SCCPC11125HL30619

I'm asking 23000 FIRM. Salvage title cars sell for that.

For another 1700 I will include a hardtop, a Sector 111 harness bar and a BOE rear clam lift kit. The top is off of an Orange Lotus and being the lazy person I am, instead of painting it, I installed a large British flag wrap on it.

I would prefer a personal inspection of the car buy a potential buyer.

It is in St Louis Missouri.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was actually interested when I saw this on eBay however was weirded out you didn't give more information. Do you still have the stock exhaust? Can we get some close ups of the damage?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually interested when I saw this on eBay however was weirded out you didn't give more information. Do you still have the stock exhaust? Can we get some close ups of the damage?
Negative on the stock exhaust... I will take a bunch of pics as I am going to drive it around today. Ill put it up on ramps and show the nose damage.

I will overstate any damage or problems. I do not need to sell it as I enjoy it a lot. I was just considering getting another Super Seven like the one the Elise replaced. Again.. it is NOT a garage queen, It is a driven 10 year old sports car. If it were garage candy I'd be asking a LOT more. If you would like to call me send me a private message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.