The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 8 months, 13 days since I last drove my '67 Lotus Elan DHC.... oh, wait. Wrong group..

I bought SealTeamPi's Elise last weekend and brought it home. SealTeamPi was the most honest and transparent vehicle seller I have ever worked with. During the test drive and the following inspection, he showed me all of his service records, all of the faults that he had detected and corrected, plus the uncorrected in his 2 years+ owning the car. Even at 95K miles, the Elise is tight, solid and runs perfectly. This was Rob Dietsch's personal car and it was well cared for. The flaws are all very minor and easily corrected. Most of them have been corrected already. It appears to have both the Sport Suspensin pack but with the adjustable Bilsteins and the Touring pack.

My Lotus journey started when I was 12 when our neighbor drove home in her new 64 Lotus Elan purchased from the Lotus importer, Bob Challman in Manhattan Beach. The Lotus needle immediately went in my arm. I bought a 67 Elan S3 SS in 1979 and still own it (hence the nick "StressCraxx" also the name of the original Lotus West Newsletter). It's off the road under complete restoration by a very reputable Lotus shop. I met Kiyoshi in August of 1982 when he lived nearby in Fremont and have been in the GGLC ever since. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm older than dirt.

8 months of Lotus Withdrawal is terrible, hence the purchase. My plans for it are mostly daily driver, carving round the great little back roads we have here in the Bay Area, and the occasional Lotus Club track days at Thunderhill (or Laguna if we ever get to go back).

I'm looking forward to meeting more of you with the GGLC events soon.

Best regards,
Dan

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
84 up to skyline. Rinse, Repeat..... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts