The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I pulled my Elise out of storage today to clean her up and take a drive but when I went to operate the brake or clutch Both pedals are soft and. engaging. I was wondering could it be the master cylinder has anyone else had issues with 2005 Lotus Elise. Any help would be greatly appreciated just trying to figure out what part I need to replace. Where I Live here in Oklahoma. There is not a Lotus shop nearby.

Thanks you guys

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Agreed you probably have some air in the lines. Both the brakes and the clutch use the same reservoir and if the fluid is low air will be introduced. Actually the manual recommends bleeding the lines yearly. If doing yourself it is best to lift passenger side of car so the clutch line does not run dry. Tommy

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
see instructions below

(BTW, you mean brake pedal, not right pedal.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed you probably have some air in the lines. Both the brakes and the clutch use the same reservoir and if the fluid is low air will be introduced. Actually the manual recommends bleeding the lines yearly. If doing yourself it is best to lift passenger side of car so the clutch line does not run dry. Tommy
Thank you sir I will definitely try that

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Rule of thumb:

If pedal pumps up, but foot pressure forces back down, it's air.

If pedal pumps up, and pressure does not force it back down, worn pads.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Wait.

How old is the brake fluid? S/b changed at least every 2 yrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts