Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold - 2005 Lotus Elise - Magnetic Blue - Only 20k miles

Update! The car has been sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.

I love this car, but since my kids are school age, I have to use my daily driver to take them places and I never get to drive it. It's time to pass it on to someone who will use it. I thought I'd post here before putting it up on Ebay or some other place. I'm in the Austin TX area.

Asking $30k or best offer

2005 Lotus Elise - 20k miles
Magnetic Blue
Touring Pack
Hard Top & Soft Top
Canvas bag for hard top storage

Upgrades:
  • DDM Tuning HID Low Beams 35W, 6000K
  • OSRAM Cool Blue High Beams
  • Odyssey PC925 Battery with custom-built mount
  • Brake light pulser
  • Painted valve covers
  • Odyssey Battery Charger
  • Custom-fitted car cover
  • Aluminium carpet buttons
  • Replaced interior light with cooler light LED
  • Just polished and plasti-dipped the airbag cover and ring
  • Hardware to hang the hard-top on the wall

It's due for an oil-change and general service which I'll have done before sale. All 4 tires were replaced probably less than 3,000 miles ago. I had some scrapes from a parking lot repaired that didn't require a new clam, so whole front is newly painted. Other than that, no mishaps. It's always been garage parked.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I suspect this will be gone by tomorrow. Nice car

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
At this point I believe I have responded to everyone's pms. I know I'm supposed to be talking to a few of you via phone tomorrow and appreciate everyone's interest.

Some of you have had the same questions:

Title is clean and in-hand.

I don't have an ECU dump. I do have all records. I have been the only owner of the car.

Never tracked, but I'd love to get it out on the F1 track here in Austin. :)

No mechanical issues that I'm aware of. I'm going to take it in for service though to give it an oil change, and other normal service and have them give it a once over for any issues. Update: I'm taking it in for service tomorrow (Tues)

Cosmetically, it looks really good. There's a scuff on the shifter housing from someone's shoe that I haven't tried too hard to get off because I had planned on having it painted to match the body. I don't know if it will come off with elbow grease or if it needs paint.

I looked through my photos, I couldn't find one that shows the minor damage that I had repaired. I took the liberty of mocking-up what it looked like. Honestly it wasn't even as noticeable as pictured, though underneath was a bit more scratched up.

The clam did not crack and was fixed by the repair shop recommended by the Lotus service here that specializes in high-end cars. Berli's is the finest certified auto body and collision repair of BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Land Rover, Viper, and Prowler in Austin, Texas. They did a great job.

Let me know if anyone needs a photo of anything else while I have the car out tomorrow for service.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I were in the market this would be my car of choice. Great color, low miles, basically stock, well taken care of, and priced well. I'm really surprised it has not sold already. You can tell how well the car has been treated by how well kept the accessories are. Good luck with the sale, it should be very soon!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Woah, the URL shows up as their own little advertisement. Interesting! :)

One last thing I forgot. The car cover comes with a bag. :)
On LT and a few other forums a URL will show the page's title instead of the link itself...

So if I linked lotustalk.com it'd show up as LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community. Today you learn!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold!

The car has been sold and delivered. Thank you everyone for your interest.

I'm going to miss the car and spending time here at Lotus Talk. Maybe someday I'll be back. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
The car has been sold and delivered. Thank you everyone for your interest.

I'm going to miss the car and spending time here at Lotus Talk. Maybe someday I'll be back. :)
I sold my car 2 weeks ago and I'm still around... Maybe I should leave, otherwise I'll be too tempted to get another too soon... :evil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.