The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post as I didn't see a dedicated section for detailing so mods, feel free to move this.

I just recently completed a paint correction on a 2005 Lotus Elise and will be doing a paint correction on a black Exige this week which I'll post when it's completed. The car is not only a daily driver, but used as a weekend track car as well. Judging by the condition of the car and especially the wheels I don't think the car has been washed ever, not even after track days to get rid of the brake dust. Here is just a quick summary of what was used and done. If you have any questions feel free to post them or contact me.

Products-
CG Maxi Suds
Meguiars APC and Super Degreaser
Optimum No Rinse
CG Bug and Tar Remover
CG citrus wash
gilmour foam gun
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
mothers back to black
CG black on black
303 Aerospace protectant
tons of different brushes for interior and exterior
lexol leather conditioner
4" and 5"Meguiars DA MF pads and polish,
4" and 5" Surbuf pads with M205
LC Black Pad
LC Blue Pad
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant
Optimum Spray Wax
Tuf Shine tire Clear and poorboys wheel sealant

Before and after pics. Never seems to fail, when it's time for outside pics it is eaither raining or the sun is going down. All 300+ pics can be seen at Lotus Elise pictures by will3ptman - Photobucket
or
Home Page

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow that looks fantastic! You did a great job.

How long did it take you to detail the car? What do you charge for your service?

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quite the transformation! Looks like it hadn't been washed since it left the factory! Good to see it back to new. What did you use on the sills to get the scuffs out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite the transformation! Looks like it hadn't been washed since it left the factory! Good to see it back to new. What did you use on the sills to get the scuffs out?
I used meguiars APC to clean it up. I then used mother back to black, followed up with CG black on black and 303 aerospace protectant

·
Registered
393 Posts
you use the 303 for all of the interior plastics? does that help eliminate off gassing? I picked up a bottle of 303 for my hot tub, but never thought of using it on the car

·
Registered
831 Posts
Tire shine? Really? Holy slidin' fun, Batman.

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
How much do you normally charge ballpark guess for paint correction? I'm trying to get an idea of how much I should expect to pay when I get it done.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Holy christ it was filthy

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,497 Posts
Wow, great job! I use a lot of the same products on my car. BTW What'd you use on the trim around the front turn signals? Mine are faded and don't look very good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts