* Professionally installed radar detector/jammer
* Polk speakers
* Sirius S100 professionally installed
* Sector 111 lidbone
* Sector 111 carpet buttons
* Zenon headlights professionally installed
* Odyssey 680 battery
* Cup holder

Asking price is 35k and the owner is willing to take it to his nearest Lotus dealer to have it checked out for me. To me it seems like a great price, however, from some of the reactions in the "for sale" section of this forum, it made me second guess the asking price. Does this seem like a good deal to any of you or no? There is a Lotus dealer by my house that has a Chrome Orange 06' with 6k miles for 36k but it is bone stock.. just making sure which seems like the better option.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
So I found a 2005 Elise Touring that has 7k miles

Options included are:

* Powdercoated black sport wheels
* Larini Eurostyle exhaust from Sector
* Sector 111 anodized blue aluminum radiator
* Professionally installed radar detector/jammer
* Polk speakers
* Sirius S100 professionally installed
* Sector 111 lidbone
* Sector 111 carpet buttons
* Zenon headlights professionally installed
* Odyssey 680 battery
* Cup holder

Asking price is 35k and the owner is willing to take it to his nearest Lotus dealer to have it checked out for me. To me it seems like a great price, however, from some of the reactions in the "for sale" section of this forum, it made me second guess the asking price. Does this seem like a good deal to any of you or no? There is a Lotus dealer by my house that has a Chrome Orange 06' with 6k miles for 36k but it is bone stock.. just making sure which seems like the better option.
How important/meaningful are all those 'extras' to you? If they are things that you would actually want to do to your car, then you need to factor them in. If some/all you can take or leave, then let that drive your value proposition.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have an 05 for sale here, and thats a good deal being offered too. Most of those mods are worth it and were needed, you are already 1/2 way there. An 05 is an easer car if you intend to push more HP due to the lack of electronic throttle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
$35k of the 05' sounds like an decent deal for that mileage. None of those upgrades are very big ticket items. It'd have to be pristine and new tires with lots of tread left. $36k for the 06' sounds like a decent deal too actually, depends it you want a newer one; I would - the tail lights go LED for 06' among other things.

If you want to save 3k-4k+, check out this one, it's a great car and the seller is really cool ;)
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2005-magnetic-blue-elise-socal-buy-trade-58829/

hth,
larez2

·
Banned
874 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can find some around 30-33k but it may be hard to find your color/mods that you want.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the larini exhaust and black sport wheels were something i would have wanted no matter which car i buy. the other things were just icing on the cake. the rear lights vs the 06 don't matter much to me either way, so i guess it is looking like the 05 is a better value now that i actually just re-read what i just said heh. so, the 05's warranty is gone... that is the only downside especially reading a few people's horror stories on these forums with warranty fixable problems (aka Patrick's Daily Driver Blog).

Are the 06's more reliable then the 05's? I know some people prefer the dual oil coolers of the 05's and the non drive by wire, but to be honest I am not even sure if I would even notice that.

Oh well, thanks for the replies so far. Other people's input is appreciated as well. I try and absorb the info that I get from these forums as much as I can and want to make a good choice without any regret :)

·
Banned
874 Posts
ya the larini exhaust and black sport wheels were something i would have wanted no matter which car i buy. the other things were just icing on the cake. the rear lights vs the 06 don't matter much to me either way, so i guess it is looking like the 05 is a better value now that i actually just re-read what i just said heh. so, the 05's warranty is gone... that is the only downside especially reading a few people's horror stories on these forums with warranty fixable problems (aka Patrick's Daily Driver Blog).

Are the 06's more reliable then the 05's? I know some people prefer the dual oil coolers of the 05's and the non drive by wire, but to be honest I am not even sure if I would even notice that.

Oh well, thanks for the replies so far. Other people's input is appreciated as well. I try and absorb the info that I get from these forums as much as I can and want to make a good choice without any regret :)

The larini exhaust and black sport wheels are things you can buy the car without and install them l8er. Get what you want if you know you can modify it to EXACTLY what you want. If you can't, just pay a bit more.... It'll be worth it instead of moaning and regretting it every time you drive. TRUST ME

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 05 for sale here, and thats a good deal being offered too. Most of those mods are worth it and were needed, you are already 1/2 way there. An 05 is an easer car if you intend to push more HP due to the lack of electronic throttle.

what do you mean by they "were needed"?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
7K is VERY low milage for a 2005, if the car was babied and they have service records, was not wrecked, sounds like a fair deal if the tires/brakes look good ! Doubt you would
find anything cheaper with that kind of milage

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
7K is VERY low milage for a 2005, if the car was babied and they have service records, was not wrecked, sounds like a fair deal if the tires/brakes look good ! Doubt you would
find anything cheaper with that kind of milage
He told me the tires are about 50% worn. Car is without any accidents and he only drives it sparingly (obviously). Very helpful guy too and is willing to answer all my newbish questions and has been very patient with me. I guess I can be confident now that the price he is asking is very reasonable based on what has been said.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i'd say that a really nice deal - assuming you like the way the car is. thats a lot of value in that price.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Price check Register 5

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did a search and couldn't find a recent post on this. I'd like to bring it back to the top. What are good/best prices on Elise's now? I have seen some go as cheap as 25k, but I just started looking. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I did a search and couldn't find a recent post on this. I'd like to bring it back to the top. What are good/best prices on Elise's now? I have seen some go as cheap as 25k, but I just started looking. Thanks.
Just picked mine up in Dec. for $27,000 with less than 16,000 miles on it, all factory, not a hicup with it in anyway what so ever, and came with ALL the options except LSD. I personally feel that I got a great deal on mine, because the ones I have seen for the same price or less have had almost twice as many miles on them. The cheapest I have seen is $23,000, but the car had only touring and about 45,000 miles on it.

Hope that helps. I know the local dealer just sold an 05, in British racing green FULLY loaded with LSD for $33,000 and it had 3800 miles on it. They brought it in one day, and it was sold the next. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is about what I expected. I have to sell my VTEC Austin mini first then I will find myself one for around 25 to use as a sunny daily driver/track car.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
That is about what I expected. I have to sell my VTEC Austin mini first then I will find myself one for around 25 to use as a sunny daily driver/track car.
Good luck on the sale. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts