The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Elise for Sale. Excellent overall condition. I am the second owner and purchased it last year to rebuild. It had light damage to the rear clam on the driver side. Comes with a large folder of receipts and records including the original window sticker. I have lots more pictures and info I am happy to share with interested buyers. I don't recall if this had the sport or touring package but I'll check the window sticker to verify this weekend. It does have carpet and power locks. (Confirmed it has the touring package)

Price: 33k Firm
Title: Rebuilt
Mileage: 37108

Runs strong and has distinct lift engagement. Stage two exhaust installed at the Lotus dealer when new. Always had excellent maintenance history. Never been tracked (somewhat unfortunate). I performed an oil change along with new spark plugs and air filter.

Cosmetics: The replacement rear clam was removed from another Elise I purchased. There were some small stress cracks on the center rear bumper that were repaired. When taking pictures I noticed for the first time some sort of orange peel texture on one small area. I have included an up close pic of the area. There were also some minor scrapes/chip on the bottom edge of the front plinth area that were repaired. Clear bra was re applied to this area after paint but was not re applied to the driver rocker or rear clam after they were painted. There are a few minor scratches and chips that are hard to get show up in pictures. I included the ones that would. If you want any specific pics I'm happy to send them.

Mechanical: first off the cluster seems to be dead sometimes when you first start the car. I did a little digging and it seems somewhat common after the cars sit for a period of time. Over the last few months I've put about 175 miles on the car. There were a few days I drove it in a row and it seemed to help with this issue. I may look into fixing this issue before the sale. The tires are 6 or 7 years old with good tread up front. The rears probably have 4/32nds. At freeway speeds there is a slight steering wheel shake that feels like out of balance tires. When up on a lift in the shop I noticed a torn sway bar link boot on the right front side. Front brakes measure 3/32nds. Rears look new with 10/32nds. A/C blows nice and cold.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. If you want to have a PPI done I'm happy to help facilitate that.

·
Registered
2005 Corvette Lemans Blue
17 Posts
2005 Elise for Sale. Excellent overall condition. I am the second owner and purchased it last year to rebuild. It had light damage to the rear clam on the driver side. Comes with a large folder of receipts and records including the original window sticker. I have lots more pictures and info I am happy to share with interested buyers. I don't recall if this had the sport or touring package but I'll check the window sticker to verify this weekend. It does have carpet and power locks.

Price: 33k

Runs strong and has distinct lift engagement. Stage two exhaust installed at the Lotus dealer when new. Always had excellent maintenance history. Never been tracked (somewhat unfortunate). I performed an oil change along with new spark plugs and air filter.

Cosmetics: The replacement rear clam was removed from another Elise I purchased. There were some small stress cracks on the center rear bumper that were repaired. When taking pictures I noticed for the first time some sort of orange peel texture on one small area. I have included an up close pic of the area. There were also some minor scrapes/chip on the bottom edge of the front plinth area that were repaired. Clear bra was re applied to this area after paint but was not re applied to the driver rocker or rear clam after they were painted. There are a few minor scratches and chips that are hard to get show up in pictures. I included the ones that would. If you want any specific pics I'm happy to send them.

Mechanical: first off the cluster seems to be dead sometimes when you first start the car. I did a little digging and it seems somewhat common after the cars sit for a period of time. Over the last few months I've put about 175 miles on the car. There were a few days I drove it in a row and it seemed to help with this issue. I may look into fixing this issue before the sale. The tires are 6 or 7 years old with good tread up front. The rears probably have 4/32nds. At freeway speeds there is a slight steering wheel shake that feels like out of balance tires. When up on a lift in the shop I noticed a torn sway bar link boot on the right front side. Front brakes measure 3/32nds. Rears look new with 10/32nds. A/C blows nice and cold.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. If you want to have a PPI done I'm happy to help facilitate that.
View attachment 1294530
View attachment 1294531
View attachment 1294532 View attachment 1294533 View attachment 1294534
View attachment 1294535
View attachment 1294536
View attachment 1294537
View attachment 1294538
View attachment 1294539
Disregard I didn't see it. Sending a message

·
Registered
953 Posts
2005 Elise for Sale. Excellent overall condition. I am the second owner and purchased it last year to rebuild. It had light damage to the rear clam on the driver side. Comes with a large folder of receipts and records including the original window sticker. I have lots more pictures and info I am happy to share with interested buyers. I don't recall if this had the sport or touring package but I'll check the window sticker to verify this weekend. It does have carpet and power locks.

Price: 33k

View attachment 1294530
View attachment 1294531
View attachment 1294532 View attachment 1294533 View attachment 1294534
View attachment 1294535
View attachment 1294536
View attachment 1294537
View attachment 1294538
View attachment 1294539
Interesting color combo. Don't remember seeing a Yellow one with red interior.
I also think those are the base wheels and likely no sport pak.

·
Administrator
7,337 Posts
Reminder no discussion of price per Marketplace Rules

Reactions: h20ham

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
278 Posts
right! as another Utahn would love to see it stay local - I read through the build thread on the fixes, looks to be done correctly - GLWS!

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
291 Posts
I also think those are the base wheels and likely no sport pak.
Agreed that likely no Sport package. Definitely has the Touring package though with the power windows, carpets and leather seats.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It was hard to price with not many on the market or recent sale comparisons to look at. I saw a couple heavily modified ones with clean titles on LT in the last month that seemed to bring out 40k. There's also those recent sales bringing 60k for what seem to be even more rare combinations like super low mileage or rare colors as far as I could tell. I certainly may be out of touch with the current market but I don't think I'm too far off. I will say imo you will be hard pressed to find a cleaner rebuilt title with great records and repair history. Especially for the price.

The yellow on red does seem like an interesting color combo but I feel like they compliment each other nicely. (Could be because I'm a sucker for red interior on any car)

I found an invoice for the tires from June 2016 when the car had 29k miles.

Here are a few more pictures

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car is sold. I have to agree that I was a bit out of touch with the market. Had a few of the issues (even though somewhat minor) been sorted better a price tag in the upper 30s would have been realistic I believe. There was good interest here and locally shortly after listing. I had a pending sale within a day after listing which we finalized today. Somewhat surprisingly it ended up selling to someone local. Hopefully he makes his way to the site so we can see what he does with his new Lotus!

·
Administrator
7,337 Posts
closed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.