The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car was "torn down" in 2009 to get ready for an electric conversion, parts are in great shape, the vehicle had low (19K) miles on it. All parts are stock Lotus parts:

PM or email me at [email protected] to get in touch about parts you may be looking for...

The big ticket items are:

2ZZ-GE engine w/ 6 speed transmission; can include as much or as little as desired (meaning, headers, oil pan, alternator, etc.) the only part I need to keep is the A/C compressor...

Stock silver rim set, with good tires (probably 50% life left in the tires)

Stock Lotus ECU and Fuel system computer

Drive axles

Rear "subframe" including rear suspension components

There are more small parts, message me!

This car was NOT in an accident, the parts are in perfect working order, pulled off working Elise that was in good working order!

I'm in Phoenix, AZ, would very much prefer to sell locally but I am open to shipping as needed: I would prefer an engine/tranny buyer to come here and see the parts they are purchasing before shipping them out...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wheels

So, I got a few messages and to clear this up... the wheels are not split-spoke (LSS), they are the stock 2005 Lotus Elise wheels (note, I didn't say SC model or Exige).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to all interested parties... The engine parts have officially arrived at my house and are ready for viewing!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Based on the asu.edu, I'm assuming you are a student or instructor at ASU.

Sounds like a university project to convert to electric? I'd really like to see the progress.

By the way, I'm thinking the final product - an electric Elise - could be called 'Tesla'

Just seems like it fits :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SwingLo, good one! Of course it could be called Tesla! But it isn't going to cost me $100K and I will understand every intricate detail of the system to the point that I will always be able to repair things on the car without any of the high OEM/dealership parts costs! Plus I can tune performance better... However, in the end it won't be quite as good as the Tesla Roadster for a myriad of reasons, unfortunately!

And, this is a private project, I am a graduate from ASU!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
SwingLo, good one! Of course it could be called Tesla! But it isn't going to cost me $100K and I will understand every intricate detail of the system to the point that I will always be able to repair things on the car without any of the high OEM/dealership parts costs! Plus I can tune performance better... However, in the end it won't be quite as good as the Tesla Roadster for a myriad of reasons, unfortunately!

And, this is a private project, I am a graduate from ASU!
Very cool!

Please start a build thread. Very interested to watch the path.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
ECU Price ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure which of the rear aero plate things you are referring to Pooter, can you check on lotusgarage.com to get an exact name... Is it the one with the 3 slots in it that goes under the engine?

ECU is sold, sorry kestrel74.

viloprods: how much for what?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm not sure which of the rear aero plate things you are referring to Pooter, can you check on lotusgarage.com to get an exact name... Is it the one with the 3 slots in it that goes under the engine?
Yes, the plate that is under the engine. It has the 3 little ducts in it. Are you selling it? If so, PM me with a price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts