1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I don't think is such a great deal, by the time you're done you have spent $18K and driving a rebuild car, insuring the car and trying selling it in the future becomes an issue...

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
the suspension mounts appear to be intact.

wonder if all it needs is a clam?
ebay seller said:
To repair it will need a front clamshell, windshield, right side oil cooler and right front upper control arm. It will also need repair to the right side inner wheel well, right front door and right front frame rail.
and they forgot a few things like replacing the front crash structure, unless you'd plan on repairing that too.

$13,900 + $5000 in parts (rough guess) + $???? in labor costs = >$cost of decent used '05 Elise without frame damage...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought it. It was a super easy fix.
Windscreen, RH lower control arm, repaired crash structure(easy), used clam, and RH headlamp. Should have never been totaled. Runs and drives like new.
Now I'm customizing it.
I've extended the crash structure 3"(lowered center). I've completely overhauled and built a custom claim.
I will be posting pics soon. I've been building custom vehicles for 22yrs so I know what I'm doing. I will be selling it soon but, $13,900.00 won't touch this baby.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I bought it. It was a super easy fix.
Windscreen, RH lower control arm, repaired crash structure(easy), used clam, and RH headlamp. Should have never been totaled. Runs and drives like new.
Now I'm customizing it.
I've extended the crash structure 3"(lowered center). I've completely overhauled and built a custom claim.
I will be posting pics soon. I've been building custom vehicles for 22yrs so I know what I'm doing. I will be selling it soon but, $13,900.00 won't touch this baby.
what materials are u using to build your custom clam?

·
Registered
38 Posts
what materials are u using to build your custom clam?
-I've taken a used clam and cut it just below the headlamps.
-I then made a mold of the new facia that I created(no cut and paste).
-Then I fleeced and glassed the mold.
-Then I removed mold.
-I then attached new facia by panel bond.(samething that holds the factory facia on)
- I've molded, filled front clam seam and shaved marker lamps.

I will be posting pics in a week or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The insurance is going to get quotes on new parts (new clamshell, new door, new headlight, new suspension, etc). The list of parts required to fix that vehicle will definitely cause it to be totaled...just look at prices on LotusGarage.

I bought an Elise that was salvaged and it had nowhere near this extent of damage.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Your splitter and wing look super light.
Is that 1/4" teardrop panel?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
looks like you will pull up all our pavement with the front end that low!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
nice to see the car restored .. but imo the mesh and fugly plate splitter and rear wing are awful.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think someone could loose a foot on that splitter just walking around the car. Looks dangerous!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I admire your crafty abilities but That spoiler has got to go :huh:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I've been building custom vehicles for 22yrs so I know what I'm doing.
I have always found it to be true that people who like to tell you that they know what they are doing usually are the ones who have no clue what they are doing.

I will be selling it soon but, $13,900.00 won't touch this baby
Your right...someone is going to have to spend lots of money to reverse what you did to that poor Elise....its worth WAY less then 13k...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cory is right...
But if you like it then that's all that matters.

Resale? Your narrowing your market, not making it broader.

Personally? I think Honestjo might be Ashton Kutcher, and lotustalk is being punked...

Respectfully? If this is real, (i still call b/s) get rid of the unbelievably goddy diamond plating, splitter and wing. It's not a 94 accord.

Remember: kids parents 94 accord with a wing and exhaust = FORM > function
Air bags lambo-doors on a S10 = FORM > function
Diamond plating anything......

Your Market:Ferrari, Lamborghini, Nsx, Lotus etc.... = FUNCTION > form

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.