The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this car used in San Pedro. I live in the San Pedro California. I want to get more horse power out of my car. I have eight grand to spend and I want to have a turbo put in, but at this budget and in my area not having the best of luck in making this happen. Any referals or ideas or numbers I'm very open to suggestion, it would be nice to end up with 75 to a 100 more horsepower without braking the bank.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I recently purchased this car used in San Pedro. I live in the San Pedro California. I want to get more horse power out of my car. I have eight grand to spend and I want to have a turbo put in, but at this budget and in my area not having the best of luck in making this happen. Any referals or ideas or numbers I'm very open to suggestion, it would be nice to end up with 75 to a 100 more horsepower without braking the bank.
Welcome and congrats!...I actually grew up in Palos Verdes right down the road from ya...

You'll probably get a lot of opinions on this, but with $8 K you will probably want to S/C it (Katana, BWR, host of others, etc...) (I am thinking of Katana down the road). Katana with install and tuning will run around $6K or so. Sector111 sells the Katana. Katana will give you around an additional 53 whp. Turbo will definitely be out of your price range, and you'll have to consider all the tuning and reliability issues...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well considering what you get with the FF turbo kit I think it's more then worth it. Ask yourself what type of driving your going to be doing and how do you like your car to respond. A MR turbo car can be a handful if you don't know how to drive them right.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You might not get 75 to 100 hp without breaking the motor.

Also, you'll need to work around your emissions laws, I don't believe any of the kits are CARB approved.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts