Registered
846 Posts
no

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm... thanks.

Anyone have any idea what the heck this thing is doing riveted to the inside of my wheel well liner???

Could the dealer have moved it when the pulled the clam for my oil cooler fitting? :shrug: There appears to be freshly drilled drain holes in the liner...

I could have sworn I had all my wheel well liners out before to inspect... but heck, I can't pull my liner with this stuck to it!!! :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
does your car have HIDs? Doesn't really look like a ballast in the pic, but it could be that or a relay module to switch the ballasts on.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Looks to small for ballast but possible.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Plus it looks more like an MFRU than a ballast, and the MFRU is in the general area of the LHS rear wheel.
But the OP says front wheel?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I believe that's the new relay for the ac/fan system. Some cars' ecu's would malfunction if the ac was on while you were driving. This caused engine cut-out or downright stalls at speed. I believe there was a service bulletin to fix it but I'm too lazy to search right now. Although, if i remember correctly, the service bulletin says to install it on the passenger side... ::shrug::

EDIT. found it. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/exige-s-engine-cutout-c-relay-information-66770/

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy cow Butters... that has to be it. It looks just like that... same location. Weird cause it's an N/A 2005 Elise. Maybe the orignal owner had a problem this fixed or the dealership was just proactive on service bulletins.

Definitely not an HID ballast.

Thanks to all that posted.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't love the way this thing sits on the wheels arch liner... anyone have any success relocating under the clam?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts