The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove around for a few hours yesterday, and today I realized I had a big welt on my back right where the top of the lumbar support bladder is. Getting the seats reupholstered has now moved to the top of my list.

There's a good upholstery shop in town that will be able to do the job. I'm curious though, for those of you who have reupholstered 2005 seats, do you have any lessons learned from that process? Anything you would have done differently in terms of where padding was placed, etc?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey Flop, is there any way I can buy the old material from your seats (all of it if possible)? I would like to do some repairs to my seat and not sure how to source the side bolster material...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Flop, is there any way I can buy the old material from your seats (all of it if possible)?
Yeah, probably! I should note that my "list" has various tiers, and though this is at the top, I still am probably going to wait until I can find a place with a bigger garage, and colder weather comes around. I'll probably find a nice piece of foam for padding in the mean time.

If you're ok with waiting, I'll shoot you a message when I get closer to pulling the trigger on this.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, probably! I should note that my "list" has various tiers, and though this is at the top, I still am probably going to wait until I can find a place with a bigger garage, and colder weather comes around. I'll probably find a nice piece of foam for padding in the mean time.

If you're ok with waiting, I'll shoot you a message when I get closer to pulling the trigger on this.
Sounds great, I've been waiting 5 years already so I can wait a bit longer, send me a pm when your ready.

Reactions: Flopsy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts