The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'Murrica
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave:

Wanted to make this thread as an intro, but also as a journal/log of everything going on with the car in case I ever sell it.

Purchased as 3rd owner in July 2013. Arctic Silver with cloth black interior, sport pack, factory supercharger installed. Additional performance upgrades include LETSLA shifter, Titan steering rack, and Sector 111 rear toe link brace. Interior upgrades include Kenwood Heat unit with blue tooth and sirius radio, and K40 laser defense system integrated into the cluster (very cool actually). Oil line recall performed including new oil coolers. The body is a 9.99/10 including zero scraping on the front clam. I immediately installed the SirLotus front under clam protectors to preserve this condition. Installed using 3M adhesive tape which is cleaner than the bonding agent.

Makes my wife's M roadster look big!

Records spreadsheet is attached as a PDF file. All of the records I have including instructions and the clean title in its envelope from the DMV pictured below. The vast majority of the records are from the second owner. He purchased it from Lamborghini of Chicago at around 25k miles.

Attachments

·
Less is Better
2,790 Posts
:wave:

Wanted to make this thread as an intro, but also as a journal/log of everything going on with the car in case I ever sell it.

Purchased as 3rd owner in July 2013. Arctic Silver with cloth black interior, sport pack, factory supercharger installed. Additional performance upgrades include LETSLA shifter and Sector 111 rear toe link brace. Interior upgrades include Kenwood Heat unit with blue tooth and sirius radio, K40 laser defense system integrated into the cluster (very cool actually). Oil line recall performed including new oil coolers. The body is a 9.99/10 including zero scraping on the front clam. I immediately installed the SirLotus front under clam protectors to preserve this condition. Installed using 3M adhesive tape which is cleaner than the bonding agent.

Adding spreadsheet shortly
Sounds like a recipe for the perfect Elise.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Nice!

So is this an 05 or an 06? I ask, because they didn't offer a S/C kit in 05...so I am wondering if you have a 2005 Elise that was converted to a 06 set up...or was it adapted to fit the 05 from an 06 kit?

Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So is this an 05 or an 06? I ask, because they didn't offer a S/C kit in 05...so I am wondering if you have a 2005 Elise that was converted to a 06 set up...or was it adapted to fit the 05 from an 06 kit?
According to the local Lotus dealership, they can install a factory S/C kit on an '05, as it just uses a different ECU reflash than the '06, among other changes. Others on this forum have had this done if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome!!! Your Kenwood, does it require another XM unit hidden someplace or is it all built in and ready to go aside from the subscription to the service?

Nice looking Lotus! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts